By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Uncharted 4 will sell roughly double Gears 4

I am starting to really doubt UC4 will outsell Gears 4 let alone Halo 5. Those claiming 10m? Haha okay that was an obvious no before release and with only 3.5m sold currently and possibly 4m *including Digital sales*. It probably won’t do past 6m lifetime which is exactly what UC games sell lifetime.

I see Gears 4 selling a possible 4m to 5m. I would say they both will end with similar numbers. Around 5m each.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
I am starting to really doubt UC4 will outsell Gears 4 let alone Halo 5. Those claiming 10m? Haha okay that was an obvious no before release and with only 3.5m sold currently and possibly 4m *including Digital sales*. It probably won’t do past 6m lifetime which is exactly what UC games sell lifetime.

I see Gears 4 selling a possible 4m to 5m. I would say they both will end with similar numbers. Around 5m each.

You remind me of a former user here ture_fan. On topic, wait till PS4 Neo reveal. Sony always says when they achieved big number. As for Gears 4 it is in decline. If it recovers then it would be welcome change.

daredevil.shark said:
Azzanation said:

You remind me of a former user here ture_fan. On topic, wait till PS4 Neo reveal. Sony always says when they achieved big number. As for Gears 4 it is in decline. If it recovers then it would be welcome change.

Ture_Fan? and why does he remind you of me?

As for Neo, the price needs to be right if its going to make a dent in the market, and for UC4 to achieve 10m, Sony is going to need to give the game away for free for a fair chuck of the Neos lifespan.

Gears 4 is in the decline? Its not even out yet, how can it be in the decline? I would say Gears 4 will sell 5m lifetime, not saying it will outsell UC4 but it will be very close especally since its one of the best games coming at the end of the year near the sales.

Azzanation said:

At least try to fact check before throwing random shit out. The first three games sold 21+ million units as of June 2015 and the series as a whole sold over 28 million units before Uncharted 4's release.

Unless numbers and math suddenly changed, that's certainly more than the "6 million" per Uncharted game you're suggesting.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Azzanation said:

At least try to fact check before throwing random shit out. The first three games sold 21+ million units as of June 2015 and the series as a whole sold over 28 million units before Uncharted 4's release.

Unless numbers and math suddenly changed, that's certainly more than the "6 million" per Uncharted game you're suggesting.

I think you are forgetting Golden Abyss...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

"and message boards all over the internet to provide remastered releases for the first three games in the Uncharted series, which sold an amazing 21+ million copies and garnered an average 92 Metacritic rating." 

Nah i think hes right when i understand this correctly^^

topolino227 said:
KLXVER said:

"and message boards all over the internet to provide remastered releases for the first three games in the Uncharted series, which sold an amazing 21+ million copies and garnered an average 92 Metacritic rating." 

Nah i think hes right when i understand this correctly^^

EDIT: Read it wrong.

Azzanation said:
daredevil.shark said:

Ture_Fan? and why does he remind you of me?

As for Neo, the price needs to be right if its going to make a dent in the market, and for UC4 to achieve 10m, Sony is going to need to give the game away for free for a fair chuck of the Neos lifespan.

Gears 4 is in the decline? Its not even out yet, how can it be in the decline? I would say Gears 4 will sell 5m lifetime, not saying it will outsell UC4 but it will be very close especally since its one of the best games coming at the end of the year near the sales.

Yeah, I agree with you no chance in hell for Gears 4 to sell half of what uncharted 4 will do :/ you just have to look at stats from the internet no hype for this game.

Why aren't xbox gamer more excited for it? Hope steam gamer will buy this game in the future

(counting on the fact that it will be a awesome game, if it's broken or buggy as hell then no sorry from me if it bombs really hard).

TheGoldenBoy said:
Azzanation said:

So you’re telling me to use facts yet you didn’t bother researching your own.

5 Uncharted games were released before UC4.

UC1, UC2, UC3, NDC and UGA = 5 UC games. 28 *million* divide 5 = 5.6 which gives you the average selling UC game. As I stated above, Uncharted averages 6m per game. Seems like I’m giving the franchise more credit since I’ve over stated its average. 

If you include UC4’s 4million sales to the 28, that’s 32million total Uncharted sales divide that by 6 games and you get yourself a whopping 5.3m Average. Do I need to go on? Do the maths yourself before attacking me.

*Just to add, I cannot find one Uncharted game that has broken 7m.*

Azzanation said:

So you’re telling me to use facts yet you didn’t bother researching your own.

5 Uncharted games were released before UC4.

UC1, UC2, UC3, NDC and UGA = 5 UC games. 28 *million* divide 5 = 5.6 which gives you the average selling UC game. As I stated above, Uncharted averages 6m per game. Seems like I’m giving the franchise more credit since I’ve over stated its average. 

If you include UC4’s 4million sales to the 28, that’s 32million total Uncharted sales divide that by 6 games and you get yourself a whopping 5.3m Average. Do I need to go on? Do the maths yourself before attacking me.

*Just to add, I cannot find one Uncharted game that has broken 7m.*