By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Uncharted 4 will sell roughly double Gears 4

Mr Puggsly said:

The Uncharted series is inflated with mass bundling. Virtually every release.

Anywho, I'm thinking Gears 4 will do 5 - 6 million. 

Yh, and I'm guessing it would be bundled too. oH wait.....

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Uncharted 4 sold 80 k in spain only, it's a monster.

Probably 2M first week at least.

It had a massive first week partially due to many delays (pre orders grew with delays).

But the weeks following put it at par with other popular games. Its did well, but I wouldnt call it a "monster." Numerous other games sold similar numbers.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Intrinsic said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Yh, and I'm guessing it would be bundled too. oH wait.....

Eyeroll.gif

I'm not talking about special editions. I'm talking about bundles that come with a basic console at the standard price, those are mass bundles.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Eyeroll.gif

I'm not talking about special editions. I'm talking about bundles that come with a basic console at the standard price, those are mass bundles.

Sheesh..... i kmow what you are talking about....

ok.

this better? 

You want me to find one for halo 5? how about quantum break? or Forza?

Hell, with MS this isn't just the basic console at standard prices they even discount the prices in addition to toss in the games for free.

Point tho, and it's sad I even had to do this to prove t, everyone bundles stuff. 

Arguments about bundles never change.

I dont see U4 doing much more than 7mi, U2 was a master piece in a similar size user base.

However I do think Gears 4 will at best beat the 5 mi mark on tge Xone with bundles.

Around the Network

Here we go, the cavalry has arrived.
Don't mess with Marcus' tomatoes.

Why does the bundle argument always get brought up? If someone bought a bundle because of a game then it's the game that sold the bundle, not the bundle that sold the game.

The PS5 Exists. 

CGI-Quality said:

Well, that's why we're dropping it. :)

... Should have scrolled up. :)

The PS5 Exists. 

Azzanation said:
Barkley said:

I look forward to you being very very wrong. Just wait till after christmas and we'll see.

As for the rest of the thread... no I don't expect Uncharted 4 to double Gears 4. It'll outsell it by over a million at least though, (only counting XBO sales).

I could be wrong, sales are a prediction and i predict it will sell roughly the same or maybe alittle bit more.

But it is funny to see those 10m and 11m predictions.  

Well, yes, you will be wrong. You are wrong very, very often. And obviously, you will be wrong about this too. Remember this is a sales website, so knowing a thing or two about how something sells is much more beneficial than pulling shit out of your ass

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

Lmao at that 7m thing!  

Uncharted 4 will sell better then the first 3. They all sold a lot over the years with good legs.  

Uncharted 4 will be over 6m including digital within 12 months of it's release.  It's going to sell for the entire gen.  8-10m is possible. 

Thankfully this was addressed. Uncharted ain't unique here.  

Anyway it's a 3.64m now selling 65k on the latest chart.  By the time it's in September U4 Will be around 4m retail.  I can see it being around 5.5m come January.  Add digital and it's around 6.5m. 

That's only about 8 months of sales.  With the usual uncharted legs you can see how this can sell 10m and most definitely will sell 9m+. 

Uncharted 4 is a beast in the making. Definitely a bigger series than gears now.