By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

Mazzy said:
Xbox One even with its all ads, deals, and promotions is doing piss-poor.

Decent showing for PS4, flat YoY and good software sales, I imagine DkS III split was around 3:1 or 4:1

It didn't outsell the PS4 but I think it pulled some of the PS4's sales away with the deals/promotions.

Around the Network

Interesting that GAF would ban their only authorized leakers like that and then put themselves at risk by allowing unauthorized leaks. 

It's a real shame that US game sales data is like this at all. Especially so with digital where literally the only relevant digital data released (that I know of) is monthly PSN digital sales charts for US/Europe. I guess business is business though. 

Aeolus451 said:
Mazzy said:
Xbox One even with its all ads, deals, and promotions is doing piss-poor.

Decent showing for PS4, flat YoY and good software sales, I imagine DkS III split was around 3:1 or 4:1

It didn't outsell the PS4 but I think it pulled some of the PS4's sales away with the deals/promotions.

Is it even worth it though? I don't have the image (would be great if someone could post it), but Xbox has nearly double the adverts as PlayStation, and is still being outsold by a good margin in its home (and only relevant along with UK) turf, it's been discounted to hell and back, bundled with everything but the kitchen sink, who even knows if they're making a profit with the base $350 model let alone the constant deals and bundles.

And outside of US+UK? It's a wrap, getting outsold anywhere from 3-100x (lol Japan) by PS4 and all across Europe, PS4 is around at least 5-6x and gap increasing.

There's really no way to sugarcoat, truly awful situation here for Xbox, likely 40-45m LTD when all is said and done best case scenario, and likely losing MS money to boot. Really don't see if or how MS would see any value in a successor to the Xbox One, but I guess we see. I see some Xbox superfans say power or some big exclusive will save the Xbox. It's simply not true. Xbox is simply irrelevant outside US+UK and rapidly losing mindshare and market share in US+UK

Edit: 

A bit unrelated and likely already been said, but damn QB flopped HARD. Wonder when all is said and done which will be the worst bomba out of SFV, Battleborn, and QB. Also curious as to what will come of Remedy out of this. Highly doubt they're even close to breaking even with the FMV, dev costs, and marketing.

Mazzy said:
Aeolus451 said:

Is it even worth it though? I don't have the image (would be great if someone could post it), but Xbox has nearly double the adverts as PlayStation, and is still being outsold by a good margin in its home (and only relevant along with UK) turf, it's been discounted to hell and back, bundled with everything but the kitchen sink, who even knows if they're making a profit with the base $350 model let alone the constant deals and bundles.

And outside of US+UK? It's a wrap, getting outsold anywhere from 3-100x (lol Japan) by PS4 and all across Europe, PS4 is around at least 5-6x and gap increasing.

There's really no way to sugarcoat, truly awful situation here for Xbox, likely 40-45m LTD when all is said and done best case scenario, and likely losing MS money to boot. Really don't see if or how MS would see any value in a successor to the Xbox One, but I guess we see. I see some Xbox superfans say power or some big exclusive will save the Xbox. It's simply not true. Xbox is simply irrelevant outside US+UK and rapidly losing mindshare and market share in US+UK

It's really not worth it to be honest especially if they're losing any money doing that. Better off just focusing on building 1st party studios for next gen and making games their fans want. 

Thanks Aqua for the all the numbers! If there is any chance you can share 3DS numbers that would be awesome.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

Thanks For numbers Aqua.

Well i underestimated XBO a bit and overestimated Wii U and PS4.

Only 8k? Wow Amazon is very useless as an indicator. This is the final update of April:
PS4 CoD bundle: #17 (↑1)
PS4 standalone: #90 (↑1)
PS Vita: #95 (—)
XBO Quantum Break bundle: #97 (↓3)

Eh, this makes me really wonder what's the actual Xbox One's baseline without deals of any kind going on; I'm surprised it's this lower YoY. However, is it true last year One saw special deals as well? Knowing that would make comparisons actually fair

Thanks, Aqua, as always :D

How much sold the games in the TOP 10 this month? ( including bundle sales )

@Aqua. Can we have 3DS numbers and also RC and QB numbers and MLB numbers if possible?
Many Thanks