By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

the same as everywere Ps4 overtracked and XOne undertracked........

Around the Network

Thanks for the numbers Aqua.

Many thanks Aqua.

The PS5 Exists. 

Mazzy said:
Xbox One even with its all ads, deals, and promotions is doing piss-poor.

Decent showing for PS4, flat YoY and good software sales, I imagine DkS III split was around 3:1 or 4:1

Not only was it $299, $50 cheaper than the PS4, but it also saw the release of one of its bigger exclusives, Quantum Break.  I think it's more surprising to see how the sales for that are so low, since we have already seen recently that MS's price cuts don't really push HW much.  Next year, it will be interesting to see how well a $349-$399 PS4 Neo and $299 PS4 do.

Aerys said:
Thats worrying, thé rumors will probably kill thé huge effectivement U4 is supposed to have on sales.

Yep, I'd mentioned a slight decline in the Amazon thread but we couldn't be sure (and suppose still can't be) the PS4K rumours are to blame. I believe it is though.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Aquamarine said:

I'm sorry for what happened to you over on GAF.

The problem with GAF is that folks from certain places within the industry frequent the site and they don't want you to give out the information.  

I'm sure you already realize this but the mods/evilore were obviously under a lot of pressure to keep certain unflattering information secret. 

This is one of the only media industries where that practice is even acceptable.

Therefore those mods were in a unique situation.  The real problem though is that they lied on you.

Again, I am sorry you had to go through that and then reading what you posted about lengths you went to... its a real shame what happened. 

CosmicSex said:
Aquamarine said:

The problem with GAF is that folks from certain places within the industry frequent the site and they don't want you to give out the information.  

I'm sure you already realize this but the mods/evilore were obviously under a lot of pressure to keep certain unflattering information secret. 

This is one of the only media industries where that practice is even acceptable.

Therefore those mods were in a unique situation.  The real problem though is that they lied on you.

Again, I am sorry you had to go through that and then reading what you posted about lengths you went to... its a real shame what happened. 

But I literally have permission from NPD to give out this information this month...thanks to my NPD contact.......who they banned -_-

Welfare said:
Shadow1980 said:
Thanks Aqua! I like seeing those last-gen numbers. The YoY decline is helping me fill out my 2015 data for the PS3 & 360, which was entirely absent until now.

But dang. PS4 flat YoY. Hopefully that's just April being April, but if not then that means the PS4 might have needed a bigger price cut than $50. On the plus side, the PS4 might have been down YoY a good bit if it was still And speaking of price cuts, that temporary one for the XBO utterly failed to boost sales.

Well, I'm still on Halo 5 right now. I'll update my graphs later tonight before I go to bet.

The PS4 was also up the same % amount YoY in March, so that might mean something. May should perform better to May 2015 because of Uncharted, but it is weird that the price cut is already losing its effect.

Well tbh its ps4 third year and only a 50 dollar/euro pricecut,in 2009 ps3 slim came out with a 100 pricecut.

Sony will put the ps4 neo @ 350 and vannila ps4@ 299,99. This year.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Aquamarine said:
CosmicSex said:

But I literally have permission from NPD to give out this information this month...thanks to my NPD contact.......who they banned -_-

Is there a limit to what or how much you can share? It seems like all the insiders (coincidentally you seeming to be the only exception) speak in riddles and rhetoric when they share numbers. Using obscure shorthand, responding to user questions instead of outright posting numbers, posting unlabeled charts, etc. I imagine NPD would find out regardless since it's the same usual suspects sharing in the same way at the same place month after month. 

Does NPD allow only limited amounts of info or do they simply not know who cream, john harker, zhuge, etc. are and these leakers just try to stay out of the spotlight by regulating their leaks? 

Mazzy said:
Aquamarine said:

Is there a limit to what or how much you can share? It seems like all the insiders (coincidentally you seeming to be the only exception) speak in riddles and rhetoric when they share numbers. Using obscure shorthand, responding to user questions instead of outright posting numbers, posting unlabeled charts, etc. I imagine NPD would find out regardless since it's the same usual suspects sharing in the same way at the same place month after month. 

Does NPD allow only limited amounts of info or do they simply not know who cream, john harker, zhuge, etc. are and these leakers just try to stay out of the spotlight by regulating their leaks? 

I'm allowed to post limited amounts of info as a courtesy (thanks to my contact who was unjustly banned from GAF) because it's completely immaterial to The NPD Group's business and somebody would have leaked it anyway.

Those riddles and rhetoric are all nonsensical...I don't understand why it's still done in this day and age. The NPD Group watches NeoGAF like a hawk, they know every single time someone leaks data from NPD in those threads (like CosmicQueso, John Harker, Creamsugar, etc.) Although that's all unauthorized and obviously if too much gets leaked they're going to be royally pissed off. They'll take legal action against places like NeoGAF if it gets too excessive...they already did that back in 2006 when bunkum released massive amounts of NPD data every month (think HUNDREDS of leaks).