By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is there so much internet outrage for Sony Japanese Games that gets digital only western launch than Nintendo?

I just heard about this, and Im pretty pissed.I mean, I am happy that its comming this side, but goddammit, not even a limited run?The franchise sells well enough in the west to warrant that at least

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:

Honestly it's perflexing, imo. Ace Attorney 6 gets digital-only release yet there's not much western outrage compared to Gravity Rush/Daze or Diginon Cyber Sleuth. Nothing against Nintendo fans for their uncaring attitude but it's really funny that the same can't be said for Playstation japanese Games.

What? You're not going to find Nintendo games in a brick and mortar anyway, outside of a few more popular ones, so I guess people are happy to have a game available in the first place.

Though, haven't heard about the outrage.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

FayeC said:
Im not sure why you think thats lame. Ending up with unsold copies of a game no one wants can be very costly.

Again, another lame excuse.

If niche musicians can do album launches with little ROI, it's hard to imagine videogames not having a much higher ROI than CDs.

And even publishers can do exclusive Amazon-only preorder and shipping to remove the instances of overshipping. So that's a terrible excuse considering Nintendo games are cheaper to make compared to playstation games.

When Yakuza 5 was announced as digital only, after all the delays no less, I was ticked off. I still haven't bought it. My PS3 hard drives are full, so that didn't help.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
When Yakuza 5 was announced as digital only, after all the delays no less, I was ticked off. I still haven't bought it. My PS3 hard drives are full, so that didn't help.

Honestly, Nintendo gamers I feel aren't that persuasive, they are too easy to please.

Around the Network

Niche musicians rarely have licensing or retailer markup, or a fee for a ratings board (esrb rating for digital content is discounted/free )

Where do you get the idea that Nintendo games are cheaper to make than playstation games? Sony owning sony digital audio disc corporation probably allows them to produce games much cheaper than others.

Never noticed it, maybe its because playstation gets more games and more competition to simple ignore the outcry. I do except nintendo of europe maybe doing a physical version for your game

kurasakiichimaru said:

Honestly it's perflexing, imo. Ace Attorney 6 gets digital-only release yet there's not much western outrage compared to Gravity Rush/Daze or Diginon Cyber Sleuth. Nothing against Nintendo fans for their uncaring attitude but it's really funny that the same can't be said for Playstation japanese Games.

The bold isn't a digital only game....seeing as I actually own it. And as with others this is the first I have heard of this "outrage"....is it even really an outrage?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

The bold isn't a digital only game....seeing as I actually own it. And as with others this is the first I have heard of this "outrage"....is it even really an outrage?

Whats funny is I seen the outrage from Nintendo side, but never ever from the sony side. 

TheBlackNaruto said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Honestly it's perflexing, imo. Ace Attorney 6 gets digital-only release yet there's not much western outrage compared to Gravity Rush/Daze or Diginon Cyber Sleuth. Nothing against Nintendo fans for their uncaring attitude but it's really funny that the same can't be said for Playstation japanese Games.

Neither is gravity rush. I think their point is that Sony games are announced as digitally only and then come to physical after outcry, yet this doesn't happen with nintendo digital only games