By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is there so much internet outrage for Sony Japanese Games that gets digital only western launch than Nintendo?

Honestly it's perflexing, imo. Ace Attorney 6 gets digital-only release yet there's not much western outrage compared to Gravity Rush/Daze or Diginon Cyber Sleuth. Nothing against Nintendo fans for their uncaring attitude but it's really funny that the same can't be said for Playstation japanese Games.

Around the Network

Haven't heard this outrage for either publisher. :-3

Teeqoz said:

For Sony games? You must be living under a rock, I think. Lol

I think western Sony fans tend to more frequently have a collector mindset, but more importantly, they are loud.

Besides, With region free games and limited run games, expectations for physical games is bound to be higher for Playstation platforms

kurasakiichimaru said:
Teeqoz said:

I mean like, a handful of people complained when Fatal Frame V was digital only, just like a handful of people complained when Gravity Rush Remastered was digital only, but outrage? lolno

Around the Network
FayeC said:
I think western Sony fans tend to more frequently have a collector mindset, but more importantly, they are loud.

Nah nothing is louder than a vocal minority and that are nintendo gamers. And if anything, they have the most collector mindset imo. Amiibos after all. So it's just funny the same isn't happening for Nintendo Western-Digital Only Gamez.

Teeqoz said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

I mean like, a handful of people complained when Fatal Frame V was digital only, just like a handful of people complained when Gravity Rush Remastered was digital only, but outrage? lolno

"Handful" is such an overstatement.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1130666

/S

kurasakiichimaru said:
FayeC said:

Nah nothing is louder than a vocal minority and that are nintendo gamers. And if anything, they have the most collector mindset imo. Amiibos after all. So it's just funny the same isn't happening for Nintendo Western-Digital Only Gamez.

I think they are happy enough to be getting the games at all.

There is also the overlooked fact that Nintendo requires higher print runs than Sony does.

FayeC said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

I think they are happy enough to be getting the games at all.

There is also the overlooked fact that Nintendo requires higher print runs than Sony does.

That's a lame excuse.

We got limited runs since the first ever gen and with the advent of Amazon or online shopping... Why stop now? Guess Nintendo fans aren't just that persuasive enough IMO.

Im not sure why you think thats lame. Ending up with unsold copies of a game no one wants can be very costly.