By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GTX 1080 unveiled; 9 teraflops

sc94597 said:
The posts in here about PC gaming and prices are ridiculous. This is literally as top of the line as you can get. Obviously the price will be high compared to the PS4 which is at the lower mid-end.

It seems everything that is above the PS4 in performance has a high end price in PC gaming more and more, this is not how it used to be

Around the Network
Ruler said:

All these prices today are a rip off, it shows that pc gaming isnt affordable anymore because AMD cant compete. The PS4K is now a better alternative than pc gaming, and a better competion than AMD is to Nvidia and Intel in the PC space.

So you're basically saying "screw PC gaming" due to the price point of a line of brand new GPU's from one side and comparing it directly to a console?. Didn't you leave PC gaming a few years back for various reasons?, why would this bother you at all because as far as things go you;ve been for consoles since the time I joined back in 2014.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I want 4K / 60 FPS.

Vasto said:
I want 4K / 60 FPS.

doesn't look like the 1080 will deliver that kind of performance (in new/the newest games with maxed out settings)

early 2017 both GPU manufacturers are expected to release their new top-of-the-line products, which should finally reach that

Lafiel said:
Vasto said:
I want 4K / 60 FPS.

doesn't look like the 1080 will deliver that kind of performance (in new/the newest games with maxed out settings)

early 2017 both GPU manufacturers are expected to release their new top-of-the-line products, which should finally reach that

That is pretty much what I am looking for. A single card that can deliver 4K / 60 in the newest games at maxed out settings. 

Around the Network
Ruler said:
vivster said:

A Ferrari costs 1 million dollars. I feel like cars aren't affordable anymore.

I didnt know that ferrari charged the same prices for their top of the line cars like toyota and VW 6 years ago?

The point that I was making, that you so gracefully ignored, was that you don't need a Ferrari to drive. Measuring how affordable PC gaming is by the most expensive hardware you can get is like measuring the power of consoles by the Ouya.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Vasto said:
Lafiel said:

That is pretty much what I am looking for. A single card that can deliver 4K / 60 in the newest games at maxed out settings. 

At that point you are pretty much future proofed for a decade, seems good to me.

Vasto said:
Lafiel said:

As a long time rejecter of dual GPUs I think this generation is the best ever to jump into SLI/CF. I think the technology has matured enough now and especially with the rise of VR, dual GPU is the new way to go for me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Vasto said:

As a long time rejecter of dual GPUs I think this generation is the best ever to jump into SLI/CF. I think the technology has matured enough now and especially with the rise of VR, dual GPU is the new way to go for me.

I heard that the last years actually were pretty dire in terms of multi-GPU support (hardly any drivers, small performance gains), although the micro-stutter issue seems to have improved a bit.

Sure with VR there seems to be a bit of a new push for that from manufacturers, but on the games side it could well end up limited to VR games.

Ruler said:
sc94597 said:
The posts in here about PC gaming and prices are ridiculous. This is literally as top of the line as you can get. Obviously the price will be high compared to the PS4 which is at the lower mid-end.

It seems everything that is above the PS4 in performance has a high end price in PC gaming more and more, this is not how it used to be

All of these are above the PS4 performance (although I wouldn't recommend 2GB models anymore):

In the next months a lot of these cards will get a price cut to clear the shelves or to face the additional competition of the Pascal and Polaris cards.

Used GTX 680, 770, 780, R9 280, 280X, 290, 290X you can get for a small price are also above the PS4 performance.