By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has there ever been a worse time to be a Nintendo fan?

?

Yes (Specify) 155 29.25%

No, it's never been this bad 375 70.75%

Total:530

Definitely the worst. In the past they've done badly financially, but at least they still put out a lot of great games. Right now they're floundering and just about everything they do disappoints me. They've never been more stubborn and out of touch, and it's never mattered as much as it does now.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Yes, if you go back before n64, im sure you can find worse times

Ah, kids. Talking about things they have no idea about.

With respect to the OP's question as one of the few people on this board who actually has grown up with every Nintendo console beginning with the NES ... the answer is no.

I guess maaaaaybe the 2004-2005 period was kinda weak, but that still had the launch of the DS and games like Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing: Wild World, and for the GameCube you had Resident Evil 4, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Metal Gear Solid Remake, Fire Emblem, and Metroid Prime 2.

So actually, lol, 2004-05 was not weak at all.

It depends on what you have on your plate and what you're looking forward to. I have FE Fates, Bravely Second, Star Fox Zero, Mario Maker, and a few other titles that I bought this year and I'm also looking forward to #FE, Pkmn Sun and Moon, Fedreation Force (I would like to try it before judging), etc. Then next year, Zelda U and NX. Since I don't play games as much and I have to stick to a budget and live life outside of games, this is something I can't really complain about. I'm still able to play my back catalogue and look forward to new games. In the end, I can't think of a time in which it sucks to be a Nintendo fan because theyve done a lot for me as a person who gamed for more than a decade with multiple consoles, both Nintendo and non-Nintendo.

I still find Gamecube last year the worse, since it was also the DS first year. Honestly the DS first year was horrid. People are acting like Nintendo only exists in console space, and that is not true, they have two platforms.

Arlo said:
Definitely the worst. In the past they've done badly financially, but at least they still put out a lot of great games. Right now they're floundering and just about everything they do disappoints me. They've never been more stubborn and out of touch, and it's never mattered as much as it does now.

when have they done bad financially in the past? this generation had their first annual loss ever.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
I still find Gamecube last year the worse, since it was also the DS first year. Honestly the DS first year was horrid. People are acting like Nintendo only exists in console space, and that is not true, they have two platforms.

I never heard that comment before on the DS, but oh well, we all know how things ended with it, haha...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Acevil said:

From what I remember, DS's hardware sales were initially not that impressive from the first year so it kinda made sense. Fortunately, it picked up when Nintendogs, New SMB, Brain Age, Zelda, Pokemon, etc. brought the DS all the way to second best selling console of all time.

Cloudman said:
Acevil said:

I never heard that comment before on the DS, but oh well, we all know how things ended with it, haha...

Honestly speaking, they had some gems in the beginning, but I found Mario Kart DS (Which I believe is the first year) to be really weak, and Advance Wars Dual Strike was pretty much the strongest title. Nintendogs (which actually is what caused DS to start selling) was also that year, but I care about that less than I do lets say.... Miitomo or something else not really that great.

No, there hasn't been a worse time.

zorg1000 said:
Arlo said:

when have they done bad financially in the past? this generation had their first annual loss ever.

and Wii U is their worse selling console if we really are going by Wii U only and ignoring 3DS existance. This is their darkest time.