By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has there ever been a worse time to be a Nintendo fan?

?

Yes (Specify) 155 29.25%

No, it's never been this bad 375 70.75%

Total:530

Serious question.

Since Nintendo joined the console space, has there ever been a time when things were as bad as they are now?

Around the Network

No, theres never been a better time. We have 30+ years worth of games to play now...

Gonna wait on what NX is before determining.

Yes.

I'm pretty happy. I'd say the last year has been a big disappointment for the Wii U, and I suspect they shifted all resources towards the Nx. Really kind of screwed Wii U owners out of a full year, but with how many great games I've gotten on the Wii U I can't complain. It's been a lot of fun.

Handheld world still seems pretty good for fans too. I'm not sure I've ever felt there was a really BAD time to be a Nintendo fan... I'd say I got a little tired of the Wii, so probably the year or two before the Wii U.

Around the Network

Probably, but my thoughts are overshadowed by how grim the future presents itself right now, so I can't think any worse times at the moment. :(

If not the worse then it is definitely in the running. The whole mess doesn't bother me too much right now though since I have a backlog of 3DS and Wii U games to chip away at. Here's to NX being a success.

curl-6 said:

Serious question.

Since Nintendo joined the console space, has there ever been a time when things were as bad as they are now?

idk, i see a lot of people on a bandwagon hating just because... now zelda is not good enough to carry e3? zelda is greater than e3 (not talking about u, just other people). this is going to be a bad year for software, but we are going to witness a transition and a change from E3 to march, so enjoy that transition, Nintendo has bigger plans than e3 2016 and I can't wait, good or bad, i can't wait. I'm actually excited.

Maybe for you because you dont like handhelds but for us that do enjoy handhelds, this year has had/will have

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Fire Emblem Fates
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Bravely Second
Kirby: Planet Robobot
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Monster Hunter Generations
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Rhythm Heaven: Megamix
Pokemon Sun/Moon

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Maybe worst time for a WiiU owner considering they don't seem to have much for it anymore(TSM,Paper Mario and LoZ). 3ds is still going strong though and NX could turn things around for their home consoles.