By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has there ever been a worse time to be a Nintendo fan?

?

Yes (Specify) 155 29.25%

No, it's never been this bad 375 70.75%

Total:530
Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

they were posting annual profits averaging about $1 billion in the N64/GC era, financially they were doing far from bad.

Mostly thanks to the handhelds, if I'm not mistaken.

whats that got to do with anything?

the person said that Nintendo has been in tough financial positions in the past which is untrue.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I think this is the toughest era in the sense this is the least relevant Nintendo has probably ever been since the NES took off.

The GameCube at least was still like a valid platform with a lot of third party releases ... the Wii U has been abandoned by third parties since like mid-2013 and is selling far worse than any of the three consoles. GCN at least was close to the XBox and still getting third party titles in 2005.

3DS is going to sell less than the GBA despite having double the life cycle.

The Wii era was worse for me because it had worse exclusives than Wii U overall and the casual road they were on, but people didn't care about the underlying issues because Nintendo was in the money and Wii was selling well. So long Nintendo was strong people could dream about Nintendo throwing them a bone. Now that their existence is threatened, those will just remain a dream.

Other reasons Wii era was worse is 1.no hdmi port so had to hook up to an old crt, really put me off playing on the thing 2. we had to bear it twice as long as the Wii U

curl-6 said:
Aielyn said:

To throw your own attitude right back at you - it's a simple requirement. I don't answer loaded questions. You loaded the question, it's easy enough to remove the loading.

Once again, I'll ask you - have you stopped beating your wife?

I'm not married. If you don't wish to answer the thread question, that's fine. I already have more than enough input to satisfy my curiosity.

Congratulations on missing the entire point.

Well, looking at the poll, it would seem that more than two thirds of voters feel it's never been this bad, and I concur. Even fans will only put up with so much, as evidenced by the declining size of Nintendo's userbase.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Well, looking at the poll, it would seem that more than two thirds of voters feel it's never been this bad, and I concur. Even fans will only put up with so much, as evidenced by the declining size of Nintendo's userbase.

I'm confused. You say that it's the worse time to be a Nintendo fan and say that because of this their fanebase is shrinking. But their fanbase has been shrinking for this whole gen (though not at the doom and gloom levels people are screaming about). So really there is something else at work here and their recent behavior can't fully be blamed for the fanbase shrinking.

JetSetter said:
curl-6 said:

I'm confused. You say that it's the worse time to be a Nintendo fan and say that because of this their fanebase is shrinking. But their fanbase has been shrinking for this whole gen (though not at the doom and gloom levels people are screaming about). So really there is something else at work here and their recent behavior can't fully be blamed for the fanbase shrinking.

It's too early yet to see the full effects of their most recent spate of horrible behaviour.

curl-6 said:
JetSetter said:

It's too early yet to see the full effects of their most recent spate of horrible behaviour.

True. But we should also remember that it's possible for them to reverse the public's perception of them. 

Yes, GameCube era was worse. It's the only Nintendo system I was too embarrassed to purchase.

Also, when the top games people talk about were a bunch of B-titles like Smash Brothers Melee, Mario Sunshine, and Eternal Darkness, you know it was a sucky 5 years.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Turkish said:
The Wii era was worse for me because it had worse exclusives than Wii U overall and the casual road they were on, but people didn't care about the underlying issues because Nintendo was in the money and Wii was selling well. So long Nintendo was strong people could dream about Nintendo throwing them a bone. Now that their existence is threatened, those will just remain a dream.

Other reasons Wii era was worse is 1.no hdmi port so had to hook up to an old crt, really put me off playing on the thing 2. we had to bear it twice as long as the Wii U

I dunno, I can think of many more enticing exclusives on the Wii than on WiiU overall. Both quantity and quality.