By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Despite Nintendo Horrible Decision for E3 Will Zelda U/NX Get the Push to become the biggest LoZ game?

Wright said:
tbone51 said:

Actually TP beat OoT. Even if multiplat TP on bpth wii and gcn beat out oot.

Like Volterra said, N64 + 3DS OoT sold better than GC + Wii TP.

3DS is a remaster and separate release though, TP was a multiplatform release, as single releases go TP is the top seller.

Around the Network

I don't know but the game will decide if I become a Zelda fan or not..

I'm going to say no..but we'll see

[] [] [] {} [] 

tbone51 said:
Wright said:

Yeah thats not how it works though.:/

Why not?

Wyrdness said:
Wright said:

3DS is a remaster and separate release though, TP was a multiplatform release, as single releases go TP is the top seller.

Didn't TP released first on Wii, then later on Gamecube? What's the difference with OoT's case, aside from some years of releasing instead of weeks?

Wright said:
tbone51 said:

Yeah thats not how it works though.:/

Why not?

Wyrdness said:

Didn't TP released first on Wii, then later on Gamecube? What's the difference with OoT's case, aside from some years of releasing instead of weeks?

TP was a multiplatform release of a single installment, some multiplatforms release slightly apart in TPs case a week's difference, OOT 3DS was an installment being fully remastered it's a full on new release the same way RE1 on PS1 and REmake on GCN are separate releases.

Wyrdness said:

TP was a multiplatform release of a single installment, some multiplatforms release slightly apart in TPs case a week's difference, OOT 3DS was an installment being fully remastered it's a full on new release the same way RE1 on PS1 and REmake on GCN are separate releases.

Hardly comparable situations, because OoT 3DS is simply a remaster to adapt the N64 version to the 3DS, whereas REmake is a full remake that completely revamped Spencer Mansion's, changed the gameplay, altered dialogues and got rid of some of the original parts in the vanilla version.

To put it simply, when we look at games like The Last of Us, which had an original and a remaster version, we simply calculate its whole sales by lumping each one's totals sales. So we could say that The Last of Us as an IP has sold over 10 million units; if we break it in sales, we see that PS3 version sold around seven millions, and the PS4, around four.

There's simply no reason to not do the same with Ocarina of Time, especially when both versions are practically the same minus the graphic treatment to put the N64 game on 3DS. So yeah, Ocarina of Time has sold more than Twilight Princess. Thanks to a remaster years later after the original N64 release? Undoubtful. But it still beat TP in sales.

Around the Network

will be the best exclusive of any console this generation, and the next one

Wright said:

Hardly comparable situations, because OoT 3DS is simply a remaster to adapt the N64 version to the 3DS, whereas REmake is a full remake that completely revamped Spencer Mansion's, changed the gameplay, altered dialogues and got rid of some of the original parts in the vanilla version.

To put it simply, when we look at games like The Last of Us, which had an original and a remaster version, we simply calculate its whole sales by lumping each one's totals sales. So we could say that The Last of Us as an IP has sold over 10 million units; if we break it in sales, we see that PS3 version sold around seven millions, and the PS4, around four.

There's simply no reason to not do the same with Ocarina of Time, especially when both versions are practically the same minus the graphic treatment to put the N64 game on 3DS. So yeah, Ocarina of Time has sold more than Twilight Princess. Thanks to a remaster years later after the original N64 release? Undoubtful. But it still beat TP in sales.

They're very much comparable as the game had quite a bit of work to be redone to the assets and had features added to revamp the experience as well, TLOU maybe a remaster but it's not to the same extent as it mainly comes down to it being uprezzed and having better performance, I don't even count their sales together regardless.

Simply put OOT 3DS is a new revamped release, if you're going to count it as one you may as well count REmake and RE1 as one sale.

Wyrdness said:

They're very much comparable as the game had quite a bit of work to be redone to the assets and had features added to revamp the experience as well, TLOU maybe a remaster but it's not to the same extent as it mainly comes down to it being uprezzed and having better performance, I don't even count their sales together regardless.

Simply put OOT 3DS is a new revamped release, if you're going to count it as one you may as well count REmake and RE1 as one sale.

See, this is were we differ. I do count The Last of Us sales together, because the Remastered version is basically a port of the PS3 version to the PS4. Just like OoT3D is a port of the original N64 game to the 3DS.

But alright, I'll count REmake as RE1 as the same sales for the Resident Evil 1 IP. Which means Ocarina of Time has sold more than Twilight Princess.

Yeah I think it's gonna beast.

It wont beat OoT