By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Pokémon Company obtained $2.1 Bilion dollars in revenue last year

I bet all of that came from this Snorlax pillow (obvious joke is obvious btw):

http://mashable.com/2016/02/26/snorlax-pokemon-pillow/#7qc6ydh79iqx

Around the Network

Yokai Watch made absolutely no impact in the West, so that's no competition. It's especially interesting when you remember that the only Pokemon games released last year were Super Mystery Dungeon, Picross, Shuffle, and Rumble World. This year will be interesting, with Pokken, GO, and of course, Sun & Moon.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Funny thing is that was the year without a game. This year at least towards the end will have a new gen and pokemon go

BasilZero said:
Jranation said:
Oh fuck! Thats awesome!

What games did they release last year? Is it just that Dungeon one which I forgot the name of!

Pretty sure majority came from probably the anime, movies or non-gaming merchandise.

I know that. But it doesn't answer my question. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

So much money and how long is it gonna take them to reveal footage of the new pokemon?! It's driving me crazy!

We had trailers from X and Y almost a year before release. Sun and moon are about 6 months from release. It's insane!

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Oh fuck! Thats awesome!

What games did they release last year? Is it just that Dungeon one which I forgot the name of!

Pokemon Shuffle (3DS/iOS/Android), Pokemon Rumble World (3DS), Pokken Tournament (Arcade), Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (3DS), Pokemon Picross (3DS), Pokemon Trading Card Game Online (Android).

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Teeqoz said:
kowenicki said:

33% ?

But presumingly they'd get a higher share of the revenue due to them being the publisher of the Pokemon games, right?

they own 33, and creatures inc 33 just like gamefreak... but! nintendo owns creatures inc, so 66%

zorg1000 said:
Jranation said:
Oh fuck! Thats awesome!

Pokemon Shuffle (3DS/iOS/Android), Pokemon Rumble World (3DS), Pokken Tournament (Arcade), Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (3DS), Pokemon Picross (3DS), Pokemon Trading Card Game Online (Android).

Thankyou! And that is quite a lot! I guess this year will be bigger since its their anniversary + S&M + Pokken + Go! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ka-pi96 said:
onionberry said:

they own 33, and creatures inc 33 just like gamefreak... but! nintendo owns creatures inc, so 66%

You sure about that? I mean, if Nintendo owned Creatures inc then surely they'd be listed as a Nintendo subsidiary, no? But they're not. They aren't even listed as an affiliated company, although the Pokemon Company are listed as an affiliate at 32% ownership http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1072343

I expect Nintendo own some of Creatures inc. but if it was a significant amount then I expect firstly they would be listed as a Nintendo subsidiary on official documents and secondly they would just transfer their share of the Pokemon Company over to Nintendo proper.

100% sure, Nintendo owns creature INC but they work as they own entity, like let's say, the mariners.

Ka-pi96 said:
onionberry said:

100% sure, Nintendo owns creature INC but they work as they own entity, like let's say, the mariners.

If you think that fair enough.

I personally won't consider them to be owned by Nintendo until there's actually some proof though...

Honestly, the question of how much Nintendo owns Pokemon is up in the air. Pokemon is owned by GameFreak, The Pokemon Company, and Creatures (I believe). GameFreak is its own thing while The Pokemon Company itself is 100% Nintendo, Creatures is where it gets muddy I believe. 

But yeah it's been debated to death on how much Nintendo owns Pokemon