By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo E3 - No direct; only treehouse featuring Zelda

Wait, wait. Are you saying that the only thing Nintendo is going to show at E3 is Zelda? As in, the only thing Nintendo is showing at the Direct Digital Event is Zelda?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Wyrdness said:

Here's a simple reason why no Pokemon that me and a few others have been saying maybe happening since it was announced, it's possibly on a portable sku of NX. Sun and Moon have not been shown at all, I can see a delay happening for Sun and Moon to help the NX version and tbh no matter how upset anyone here is NX launching with Pokemon and Zelda would already put it in a better situation than the Wii U, Pokemon alone would see the NX brand through a good 3-4m sales.

We're talking about Pokemon here, if that were to be true and it would launch on the NX ( Whatever it is ) you could already count 10M NX  sold right away.

I was mainly accounting for people who would buy it on 3DS but tbh looking at other cross gens and also looking at TP as well you're right it's very likely to sell more on NX very possibly hitting 10m on it while selling 4m or so on 3DS.

Mar1217 said:
Wyrdness said:

I was mainly accounting for people who would buy it on 3DS but tbh looking at other cross gens and also looking at TP as well you're right it's very likely to sell more on NX very possibly hitting 10m on it while selling 4m or so on 3DS.

Ah ok, you meant a cross gens game, that could be the case too. But I would expect the NX version to have some enhanced graphics at least

I don't think Nintendo will try to make Pokemon Sun/Moon crossgen UNLESS they figure out a way to make both versions compatible with each other (as in, you can fight/trade with people with the different platform). Cutting the userbase into two sepparate camps would be harmful in the long run.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Luke888 said:

WTF, what if I didn't want to get spoiled much besides a little trailer just to get an idea of what the game looks like?

This. Most of us probably won't watch Nintendo's E3 because we don't want to spoil half the game before playing it =P

You know what's funny? I've been saying that I thought Nintendo should drop E3 for their own thing...

But shit, I didn't think they'd actually do it. Like damn.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Mar1217 said:

Ah ok, you meant a cross gens game, that could be the case too. But I would expect the NX version to have some enhanced graphics at least

I don't think Nintendo will try to make Pokemon Sun/Moon crossgen UNLESS they figure out a way to make both versions compatible with each other (as in, you can fight/trade with people with the different platform). Cutting the userbase into two sepparate camps would be harmful in the long run.

Pokemon Bank and a similar system to X/Y where you can put your Pokemon out on offer online for a trade, either way I can see an NX version regardless of this.

I don't believe this. Waiting for further information.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

spemanig said:
You know what's funny? I've been saying that I thought Nintendo should drop E3 for their own thing...

But shit, I didn't think they'd actually do it. Like damn.

Doing your own thing when you have momentum or sales is one thing. Doing this now, makes little sense nor improves their situation.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

NX reveal better smash it out the park.

Absolutely shit

I think this is a good thing btw, but I can see why people are so used to the old thing that they can't wrap their heads around the newer thing being successful yet.

You know, like a digital only console as a random, unrelated example.