By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo E3 - No direct; only treehouse featuring Zelda

Einsam_Delphin said:

Alright, I'm wrong about E3 just being a Zelda show, but I do still believe that was their original intention before all the backlash. I believe they said E3 was kicking off with Zelda on the treehouse, but now it begins with Pokemon, so that right there indicates a change of plans.

Ultrashroomz said:
Nintendo announces Pokemon @ E3 NOT EVEN 12 HOURS AFTER MY E3 THREAD.

-_-

Fuck you Nintendo. xD

Why? This only makes your thread better!

This.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Aielyn said:

Now I understand. You believe that absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

Nintendo not announcing something isn't the same thing as Nintendo announcing the opposite. They weren't ready to announce any more of their E3 plans, so the only thing they said was "more E3 plans later".

When they started their E3 page, it contained only information they had announced at the time. They have since updated with more information. There is still more for them to announce, as E3 covers 3 days, and they have only mentioned some of their plans for two of those days.

Do you believe they were not ready to announce a second day of streaming with games already announced months ago?

Wow.

It's not about being "ready to announce" it. They made a decision to announce the primary focus of their E3 first, and they did that at their Investor Conference in late April, which is a sensible place to inform investors about their overall focus.

They had their last big Pokemon announcement prior to E3 just recently, and that is when they revealed that Pokemon would also be present.

It makes complete sense for them to reveal just a few things prior to E3, and to minimise overall expectations. NX is just around the corner, and they're not going to have it at E3. People would have gone into E3 anticipating Nintendo revealing NX information, and that would have resulted in everyone viewing their NX-free E3 as awful. So Nintendo changed the expectations ahead of time. Told everyone that NX wouldn't be present, that they'd only have Zelda playable.

And the fact that they specifically stated "playable" game, and said "more info to come later" (when there's not much more to say if there's nothing else set to be present), and had only announced Day 1's stream information, combined with the above, leads me to conclude that this was Nintendo's plan all along. The only thing I suspect was tweaked was the timing of Pokemon Sun/Moon information - I think it was going to be their primary Day 2 info (beyond more Zelda info), and they've moved it to Day 1 instead.

Now, do you have any counterargument for ANYTHING I've pointed out? So far, your only contribution is to mock me and then claim that I'm wrong, with no evidence supporting your claims. You have neither provided a solid argument in favour of your claim, nor provided a single reason to doubt my arguments.

Incidentally, there's good reason to think that there will be some new announcements coming, at least for 3DS. And probably a few more titles that haven't been officially confirmed for Western release, like Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Towns. And I predict two more first-party Wii U announcements coming. One might be a Zelda SS HD remake, possibly.

Do you honestly believe that Nintendo would literally have nothing new to announce at E3?

Aielyn said:
Pavolink said:

Do you believe they were not ready to announce a second day of streaming with games already announced months ago?

Wow.

It's not about being "ready to announce" it. They made a decision to announce the primary focus of their E3 first, and they did that at their Investor Conference in late April, which is a sensible place to inform investors about their overall focus.

They had their last big Pokemon announcement prior to E3 just recently, and that is when they revealed that Pokemon would also be present.

It makes complete sense for them to reveal just a few things prior to E3, and to minimise overall expectations. NX is just around the corner, and they're not going to have it at E3. People would have gone into E3 anticipating Nintendo revealing NX information, and that would have resulted in everyone viewing their NX-free E3 as awful. So Nintendo changed the expectations ahead of time. Told everyone that NX wouldn't be present, that they'd only have Zelda playable.

And the fact that they specifically stated "playable" game, and said "more info to come later" (when there's not much more to say if there's nothing else set to be present), and had only announced Day 1's stream information, combined with the above, leads me to conclude that this was Nintendo's plan all along. The only thing I suspect was tweaked was the timing of Pokemon Sun/Moon information - I think it was going to be their primary Day 2 info (beyond more Zelda info), and they've moved it to Day 1 instead.

Now, do you have any counterargument for ANYTHING I've pointed out? So far, your only contribution is to mock me and then claim that I'm wrong, with no evidence supporting your claims. You have neither provided a solid argument in favour of your claim, nor provided a single reason to doubt my arguments.

Incidentally, there's good reason to think that there will be some new announcements coming, at least for 3DS. And probably a few more titles that haven't been officially confirmed for Western release, like Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Towns. And I predict two more first-party Wii U announcements coming. One might be a Zelda SS HD remake, possibly.

Do you honestly believe that Nintendo would literally have nothing new to announce at E3? - for Wii U / 3DS, NX will have its own event.

Yes. If they had anything to announce they would have make a big E3.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile