By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo E3 - No direct; only treehouse featuring Zelda

Pavolink said:
Aielyn said:

Pokemon Sun/Moon and Pokemon Go both confirmed to be on the list of games to be shown during the Treehouse Live stream.

Are you ready to admit you were wrong?

This does not confirm I'm wrong. This confirms that Nintendo PR is wrong.

Nintendo never said that Zelda was the only thing they'd show. I pointed that fact out repeatedly in this thread.

They said that Zelda was the only *playable* game at the show. And it is - Pokemon Go and Pokemon S/M are going to be shown, but aren't going to be playable on the show floor.

The fact that you lack the basic level of comprehension necessary to understand the word "playable" when used in the context they used it in does not mean they were wrong.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Pavolink said:

This does not confirm I'm wrong. This confirms that Nintendo PR is wrong.

Nintendo never said that Zelda was the only thing they'd show. I pointed that fact out repeatedly in this thread.

They said that Zelda was the only *playable* game at the show. And it is - Pokemon Go and Pokemon S/M are going to be shown, but aren't going to be playable on the show floor.

The fact that you lack the basic level of comprehension necessary to understand the word "playable" when used in the context they used it in does not mean they were wrong.

Yes they were wrong. When you have other games to shown you announce it, not wait until the internet laughs at you and to try at the end to solve the damage. It basic skills for bussiness. Also, the only game announced at the livestream at that time was Zelda, no other game, neither a hint. You got luck because of your apologist nature, but you won't have always luck.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Fingers crossed for a DQVII black new 3ds non-XL bundle or something.

3DS has a solid year of games hope they show them.

Pavolink said:
Aielyn said:

Yes they were wrong. When you have other games to shown you announce it, not wait until the internet laughs at you and to try at the end to solve the damage. It basic skills for bussiness. Also, the only game announced at the livestream at that time was Zelda, no other game, neither a hint. You got luck because of your apologist nature, but you won't have always luck.

Pavolink, expert PR manager: "Announce things well ahead of time, because otherwise people who lack basic comprehension will speculate on the internet about you having nothing else to show, and that does damage because reasons."

As I said before, they specifically said that Zelda would be the only *playable* game at E3. They wouldn't specify "playable" if it was the only game they would present at E3. Basic comprehension. Learn it. And while you're at it, you might also want to brush up on your basic grammar and spelling.

People always complain about everything being ruined ahead of time. Nintendo is being more secretive than usual - We're less than two weeks out from E3, and here's what we know: they'll have a ~90 minute stream of Zelda U, they will show off some Pokemon Sun/Moon and Pokemon Go content, and they have earmarked at least a whole day for their stream, so there's clearly more on the way.

It really takes so little effort to see what's going on. Zelda U is such a big deal, it's all they really needed to mention significantly ahead of time, to get people interested in watching their stream. They waited until now to mention anything else because they didn't need to mention anything else.

Note that, contrary to your assertions otherwise, Nintendo only announcing Zelda U so early actually benefited Nintendo - it lowers overall expectations, so that Nintendo having a "decent" E3 becomes a great thing, and it makes people anticipate Zelda U even more, since Nintendo "seems" to think it's good enough to carry their entire event.

And for those who honestly went "only Zelda U? Nintendo lost me", Nintendo just has to announce a few more things, and those people will pay much more attention.

EDIT: Here's the exact wording of what Nintendo said about E3, back then:

"To ensure attendees are able to truly experience the freedom of exploration the game offers, The Legend of Zelda for Wii U will be Nintendo's focus of the show this year, and will be the only playable game in Nintendo's booth via extended demos."

They were quite clear, from the start - they were talking about the *show floor*. They then described the Treehouse Live stream of Zelda as how Nintendo will "kick-off" their E3. In other words, there was going to be more than just Zelda. Everything Nintendo said was clear - Zelda was the main event for their E3, not the only event.

Aielyn said:
Pavolink said:

Pavolink, expert PR manager: "Announce things well ahead of time, because otherwise people who lack basic comprehension will speculate on the internet about you having nothing else to show, and that does damage because reasons."

As I said before, they specifically said that Zelda would be the only *playable* game at E3. They wouldn't specify "playable" if it was the only game they would present at E3. Basic comprehension. Learn it. And while you're at it, you might also want to brush up on your basic grammar and spelling.

People always complain about everything being ruined ahead of time. Nintendo is being more secretive than usual - We're less than two weeks out from E3, and here's what we know: they'll have a ~90 minute stream of Zelda U, they will show off some Pokemon Sun/Moon and Pokemon Go content, and they have earmarked at least a whole day for their stream, so there's clearly more on the way.

It really takes so little effort to see what's going on. Zelda U is such a big deal, it's all they really needed to mention significantly ahead of time, to get people interested in watching their stream. They waited until now to mention anything else because they didn't need to mention anything else.

Note that, contrary to your assertions otherwise, Nintendo only announcing Zelda U so early actually benefited Nintendo - it lowers overall expectations, so that Nintendo having a "decent" E3 becomes a great thing, and it makes people anticipate Zelda U even more, since Nintendo "seems" to think it's good enough to carry their entire event.

And for those who honestly went "only Zelda U? Nintendo lost me", Nintendo just has to announce a few more things, and those people will pay much more attention.

Keep using the poorest excuse for a Nintendo apologist: reading comprehension.

This is not about "I believe the are going to show other games". This is about what they announced. At that time they announced a Zelda livestream and being the only game as a playable form. No mention of other games to be shown. If you want to believe otherwise you are free to do so, I'm not going to change that as you like to live in a fantasy perfect Nintendo world.

Oh, and about being an expert, at least I know how to do a proper PR unlike Nintendo, where people don't need to speculate.

http://e3.nintendo.com/#

Only Zelda. If you can point where they say they will show other games you win. Otherwise, excuses.

Edit: LMAO, web has been updated! Hahaha, hahahah. So easy to win this round.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

This is not about "I believe the are going to show other games". This is about what they announced. At that time they announced a Zelda livestream and being the only game as a playable form. No mention of other games to be shown. If you want to believe otherwise you are free to do so, I'm not going to change that as you like to live in a fantasy perfect Nintendo world.

Oh, and about being an expert, at least I know how to do a proper PR unlike Nintendo, where people don't need to speculate.

Only Zelda. If you can point where they say they will show other games you win. Otherwise, excuses.

The fact that you can't read is not an "excuse" for Nintendo saying exactly what they meant to say - that Zelda was the focus of their E3.

They didn't say they'll show other games, but they did say "Additional information about Nintendo’s E3 plans will be announced in the future". And that's exactly what they are doing.

That people like you just ignored that part doesn't mean that Nintendo doesn't understand what they are doing. And throwing the term "apologist" is like invoking nazis. It's nothing more than an attempt to deflect from the fact that your argument is weak at best.

Nintendo never announces all of what they're going to show at E3. They rarely say anything except things like "Our conference will focus on upcoming Wii U and 3DS titles". Note that Nintendo has said, repeatedly, that they are focusing on "games coming in Spring" or variations on that for their Directs, only to show more. They have been consistent with their language, they don't say "focusing" when it's the only thing they're showing.

Incidentally, here's what it says on the e3 page: "Tune in starting at 9 a.m. PT to see Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in action, followed by the world’s first in-depth look at the new Legend of Zelda game". Maybe you didn't think about the fact that Nintendo aren't going to reveal new information through their E3 page randomly. And yes, stating that they will cover more is "new information", because it's something they hadn't stated before.

And here's what it says after this: "Then be sure to come back for a second day of livestreaming, starting at 10 a.m. PT on June 15. The day will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A session. Then Nintendo Treehouse: Live will showcase upcoming games such as Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE." Which is pretty much exactly what I said Nintendo would do.

Did you honestly believe that Nintendo were going to have just one day of streaming for the whole of E3? Because that's all they specifically announced before.

You call it being an apologist. I call it using my brain and drawing the obvious conclusions, rather than intentionally seeking the most unreasonable interpretation of what Nintendo says.

Aielyn said:
Pavolink said:

The fact that you can't read is not an "excuse" for Nintendo saying exactly what they meant to say - that Zelda was the focus of their E3.

They didn't say they'll show other games , but they did say "Additional information about Nintendo’s E3 plans will be announced in the future". And that's exactly what they are doing.

That people like you just ignored that part doesn't mean that Nintendo doesn't understand what they are doing. And throwing the term "apologist" is like invoking nazis. It's nothing more than an attempt to deflect from the fact that your argument is weak at best.

Nintendo never announces all of what they're going to show at E3. They rarely say anything except things like "Our conference will focus on upcoming Wii U and 3DS titles". Note that Nintendo has said, repeatedly, that they are focusing on "games coming in Spring" or variations on that for their Directs, only to show more. They have been consistent with their language, they don't say "focusing" when it's the only thing they're showing.

Incidentally, here's what it says on the e3 page: "Tune in starting at 9 a.m. PT to see Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in action, followed by the world’s first in-depth look at the new Legend of Zelda game". Maybe you didn't think about the fact that Nintendo aren't going to reveal new information through their E3 page randomly. And yes, stating that they will cover more is "new information", because it's something they hadn't stated before.

And here's what it says after this: "Then be sure to come back for a second day of livestreaming, starting at 10 a.m. PT on June 15. The day will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A session. Then Nintendo Treehouse: Live will showcase upcoming games such as Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE." Which is pretty much exactly what I said Nintendo would do.

Did you honestly believe that Nintendo were going to have just one day of streaming for the whole of E3? Because that's all they specifically announced before.

You call it being an apologist. I call it using my brain and drawing the obvious conclusions, rather than intentionally seeking the most unreasonable interpretation of what Nintendo says.

This is not what we believe. This is what was announced, and I was right and you already admitted. Nintendo has already updated the page proving my and many other perception as right, their marketing being a mess and the rest to be a useless discussion.

Pavolink said:
This is not what we believe. This is what was announced, and I was right and you already admitted. Nintendo has already updated the page proving my and many other perception as right, their marketing being a mess and the rest to be a useless discussion.

Now I understand. You believe that absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

Nintendo not announcing something isn't the same thing as Nintendo announcing the opposite. They weren't ready to announce any more of their E3 plans, so the only thing they said was "more E3 plans later".

When they started their E3 page, it contained only information they had announced at the time. They have since updated with more information. There is still more for them to announce, as E3 covers 3 days, and they have only mentioned some of their plans for two of those days.

Aielyn said:
Pavolink said:

Now I understand. You believe that absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

Nintendo not announcing something isn't the same thing as Nintendo announcing the opposite. They weren't ready to announce any more of their E3 plans, so the only thing they said was "more E3 plans later".

When they started their E3 page, it contained only information they had announced at the time. They have since updated with more information. There is still more for them to announce, as E3 covers 3 days, and they have only mentioned some of their plans for two of those days.

Do you believe they were not ready to announce a second day of streaming with games already announced months ago?

Wow.

Alright, I'm wrong about E3 just being a Zelda show, but I do still believe that was their original intention before all the backlash. I believe they said E3 was kicking off with Zelda on the treehouse, but now it begins with Pokemon, so that right there indicates a change of plans.

Ultrashroomz said:
Nintendo announces Pokemon @ E3 NOT EVEN 12 HOURS AFTER MY E3 THREAD.

-_-

Fuck you Nintendo. xD

Why? This only makes your thread better!