By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo E3 - No direct; only treehouse featuring Zelda

As much as i don't like it, it was to be expected. E3 = Zelda, this year, period.
They don't have enough stuff to show at a Digital Event. Sad, but true.

WE'll probably something at TreeHouse on the second or 3rd day.

No Nintendo championship is a downer, that's for sure. They could have held one even if NX got delayed.
Would be cool if they decided to postpone it to fit the NX reveal.

Now that i think of it, there really is something that i'm dying, absolutely dying to see: Reggie interviews explaining the situation! That will be awesome! :D

Around the Network

EDIT: Sorry, double post.

Jranation said:
Blester said:
At this point all my E3 hype is non-existent. We have to wait nearly 11 months to get Zelda, what do we have in reserve to play? Nothing. Sorry, Nintendo, enough is enough. See you next year but it's going to be the last time. I guess i'll be moving to another platform.

You played every game you like on the Wii U already? I still got quite a bit of games to finish and buy. 

Fortunatetly for me i have stuff to play for now, but i'm sure it's not gonna last for 11 months

manuel said:

I have exclusive pics of what's going on at Nintendo right now!

LOL, There should be a like button for post like these.

LipeJJ said:
I like the fact that they are turning their booth into a Zelda experience, but to only show 1 game is really depressing. Of course there is a reason/logic behind that, I just can't figure it out. It's not like they don't have anything to show... they have some mid-big 3DS titles coming, like Pokémon Sun/Moon, Monster Hunter, etc. On the Wii U front they could talk about Paper Mario and Tokyo Mirage Sessions, idk... better than nothing.

But maybe they don't want to drive attention to Wii U/3DS prior to NX release? I don't know...

Its all for the NX! Nintendo knows how dead (yes! You can be more dead) the Wii U is, and its better to spend more $$$ and time on a new product. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Gamemaster87 said:
Nintendo already lost E3. I don't know how they want to sell the NX in March if they are completely irrelevant for the next 12 monthes...

They sure do know how to turn lemonade into lemons. Lol.

LMFAO! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

What does it mean by 'No direct', since this is not talking about the Digital Event?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

It's all part of Ninty's master plan, man.

I'm now filled with determination.

Platina said:
What does it mean by 'No direct', since this is not talking about the Digital Event?

It means that the digital event starts with Zelda livestream for a full day. No direct announced (as it must be announced by this time), at the same schedule is the Zelda livestream and they are doing an event for bussiness purposes (close door).

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
It means that the digital event starts with Zelda livestream for a full day. No direct announced (as it must be announced by this time), at the same schedule is the Zelda livestream and they are doing an event for bussiness purposes (close door).

Why must it be announced by this time? Nintendo announced their pre-E3 direct in 2012 a day before it was shown (it was the Sunday prior to E3).

Think about how they could play it - in their pre-E3 direct, they start off by showing off the other titles coming to Wii U and 3DS. The last thing they show, though, is a simple little teaser for Zelda U, with a "watch on Tuesday for a huge blowout of information about Zelda U".

And once again, Nintendo didn't say "no other games", they said Zelda would be the only playable game. If it was going to be their only game shown off during E3, they wouldn't have needed the word "playable".

But then, perhaps Anfebious is right, and people are just getting a kick out of over-reacting. Maybe you guys don't WANT to acknowledge my points, because it would mean that you don't get to enjoy your "f*** Nintendo" attitude.