By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo E3 - No direct; only treehouse featuring Zelda

The sheikah will be very important in this game. Im excited !!

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:

I think that I get the idea. They want to do a Nintendo-only event, outside of the E3, where to drop the bombs. Maybe they don't want to be overshadowed by the other companies and just do their own thing. Now we're living in the Internet era, E3 is losing their importance. It's not relevant anymore.

Don't expect the E3 to be relevant in the next years. Nintendo is just ahead. And some other big companies are not in the E3 as well. I'm still pissed at them for the Zelda delay, this doesn't bother me a lot, I think it's a natural step.

A lot of people on forums won't realize this until E3 has already entered the point where no one really bothers with it, it's been on the cards for years since Streaming platforms and technology improved.

Funny thing, I won't see any part of Nintendo's E3 for years since it's just Zelda-related as I'm in an information blackout XD.

@Wyrdness I agree. With the spread of Internet, the spread of streaming pages like Twitch, YT, etc... It's just pointless to stick to an event when you can easily do your own thing and get all the gaming and media attention only to you XD. And not share your new info on the E3, fighting to see which company gets the first spot. 

Iwata is probably rolling in his grave.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Get punished for being a Nintendo fan

Around the Network

And when you think things coudlnt get worse....

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Pretty much skipping E3 this year then

Volterra_90 said:

Funny thing, I won't see any part of Nintendo's E3 for years since it's just Zelda-related as I'm in an information blackout XD.

@Wyrdness I agree. With the spread of Internet, the spread of streaming pages like Twitch, YT, etc... It's just pointless to stick to an event when you can easily do your own thing and get all the gaming and media attention only to you XD. And not share your new info on the E3, fighting to see which company gets the first spot. 

Indeed, just wait for all the U-turns when they do their own event later this year it'll be equivalent of when Nintendo first opted to do digital events and not a stage show. I still remember the reaction and how many people got shut down hard after it turned out to be a good idea, just watch when they do their own event it'll be the same thing all over again and I can see other companies following suit to do their own events instead of relying on E3.

Saying that I'm disappointed doesn't come even close to what I feel. I honestly don't know why they are going to E3, they could do this whenever they want with a Direct.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Nintendo's response to fan criticism for their last year's E3 showcase:

"You didn't like our Direct last year? Well then this year you get no direct and we stream 1 game for the whole of E3. Enjoy motherf**ckers!"