By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamespot gave Crisis Core a 9.

kingofwale said:
hunter_alien said:
kingofwale said:
>a bunch of S.O.B if you ask me, does anybody still take GS seriously?

I don't take them that seriously anymore, but do I take them more serious than XPlay or fanboy website reviews? Yes, yes I do.

Well PSPfanboy.com is a fansite , but bealive me their reviews are pretty damn harsh :?

Yeah, because Andrew Yoon is kinda a jerk sometimes. ;) And since he's the only reivewer (I believe), most of the reviews are harsh.

Unlike Nintendo Power. ;)

Yeah I know ... but I actually find his reviews pretty damn good ... even if he gives small scores he still tells readers about the fun parts to :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
XiaoMay said:
I bought the game in Japan and I would give it between 7.5 and 8.5.

Graphics are wonderful and it's a FF7 !!! Music is great too.

But leveling is random, as well as breaks. It's really discouraging for an RPG not to control your leveling up !!

AND missions are always the same : kill ennemies by pushing always the same button.

The game is REALLY repetitive !!

Missions are short and straight to be point because it's a handheld game and it targeted to people who sometimes only wants to sit down for a few minutes on the bus perfectly. If you want long experience, play the actual storyline.

If you don't like the missions? Well, you don't have to play it at all to finish the game.

As for leveling up. Leveling up is random, but more you play, more chances of you getting leveled up. Although I really don't know why you even want to level up in the first place, Materia fusion is much more crucial than leveling up.

Well, you don't have to play all the missions, of course, but if you don't the game is like 10 hours long...

Also, I am not talking only about special missions, but also the ones that you HAVE to complete for the storyline are ALSO very repetitive... meaning you don't even really want to finish the game.

The only reason that made me play was that I liked FF7 a lot and that I wanted to see all the cinematics. Which is lame for a RPG !

Why would I want to control level up ? Well, in a game that only have one or two options (meaning Hiting with your sword or using magic), I would like at last to have some sort of interesting thing to do... which is not the case.

Well, it's true that Materia fusion is a bit interesting though

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

XiaoMay said:
kingofwale said:
XiaoMay said:
I bought the game in Japan and I would give it between 7.5 and 8.5.

Graphics are wonderful and it's a FF7 !!! Music is great too.

But leveling is random, as well as breaks. It's really discouraging for an RPG not to control your leveling up !!

AND missions are always the same : kill ennemies by pushing always the same button.

The game is REALLY repetitive !!

Missions are short and straight to be point because it's a handheld game and it targeted to people who sometimes only wants to sit down for a few minutes on the bus perfectly. If you want long experience, play the actual storyline.

If you don't like the missions? Well, you don't have to play it at all to finish the game.

As for leveling up. Leveling up is random, but more you play, more chances of you getting leveled up. Although I really don't know why you even want to level up in the first place, Materia fusion is much more crucial than leveling up.

Well, you don't have to play all the missions, of course, but if you don't the game is like 10 hours long...

Also, I am not talking only about special missions, but also the ones that you HAVE to complete for the storyline are ALSO very repetitive... meaning you don't even really want to finish the game.

The only reason that made me play was that I liked FF7 a lot and that I wanted to see all the cinematics. Which is lame for a RPG !

Why would I want to control level up ? Well, in a game that only have one or two options (meaning Hiting with your sword or using magic), I would like at last to have some sort of interesting thing to do... which is not the case.

Well, it's true that Materia fusion is a bit interesting though

I'm sorry, Have you finished the game yourself?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
This game seems like it's only getting high scores due to the Final Fantasy 7 name. From what I've read about the game, I don't think it's anything more than a 7.5 game at best. I don't understand how this game gets a 9 but a game like Etrian Odyssey only gets a 7.8, and Lost Odessey a 7.5.

I hate the gay PSP and every game on it, but I think you're wrong on this one. Looks like a freakin' awesome game, and not a retread of another series, but a new, awesome game with nice story and production values.

Zack's side scene in FFVII was one of the most poignient easter eggs in the game, and you're dead wrong, my friend, imo, and I can say that because I've played as much of it as you have. None.

Zen, you know better than to refer to a product as "gay" in this forum. Please stop.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig : just ignore him .. at least like this nobody will take him seriously ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

nope, I didn't finish the game

I met Aeris last time I played...

but the game is too boring so I didn't go back to it since then (and it's true my PSP has been in reparation lately)

I think I'm halfway and I don't feel so much like going further. That's why I would give the game from 6 to 8. 

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

XiaoMay said:

nope, I didn't finish the game

I met Aeris last time I played...

but the game is too boring so I didn't go back to it since then (and it's true my PSP has been in reparation lately)

I think I'm halfway and I don't feel so much like going further. That's why I would give the game from 6 to 8.

THe time you meet Aeris is only half way into the game, and with about less than 25% of mission out there. Essentially, you are only 1/3 way into the story.

The game intentionally started out easy so you can get used to the control and it ramps up diffculties. How do you expect to make claims such as "This game only has 10 hours gameplay without Missions" or "THe story is also repetitive" or even "button Mashing" when you haven't even gone through the game itself?

It's like me claiming the Bible is a love story when I only read 1/3 of it. Hardly objective speaking, is it?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
I just finished Crisis Core, I can't believe i'm saying this, but I was teary.

Such a beautiful ending, makes me want to jump in and play FFVII just so the story will continue. DAMNIT SE, remake FFVII.

I won't ruin the story for you, but now I want to reply the last save so I can go through the ending again.

Ha, I told you after I read the IGN review. Also, you were right about the cutscenes in the game. They're beautiful.

I still trust Gamespot there were a few times (R&C) that they were off but in general they are not that bad.

great game good score what a shock lol

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99