By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamespot gave Crisis Core a 9.

kingofwale said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Jesus H. Christ!

Xplay gave it a 2 out of 5 star rating.

2 out of 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just lost all respect. Ninja Gaiden and now this. Sessler. You were beautiful once. You were so magnificant.

/turns back forever

Adam: ZenfoldorVGI is like a "goth poem" bad... 2/5

;), It wasn't so much the score, it was the review that I was unhappy about, the guy clearly never touched the game.

Yeah, most of the reviews are scripted for the show, but actually reviewed by another dude. You have to go to their site to read his review, which is the real one, and not all hollywooded up. I'm not doing that.

For giving Dragon Sword and Core Crysis their two lowest scores 60 and 40 percent, and having them be averaged on Metacritic and Gamerankings, Xplay epic fails, and makes me want to strangle them.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Not that gamespot hasn't given some horrible reviews, like when they said Radiant Dawn was 6/10, or when they said Days of Ruin had a Bad Story demerit, but I don't think they've ever messed up like this monumental fuck up. 2/5, jeebus. Come on Xplay, man up.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

I hate the gay PSP and every game on it, but I think you're wrong on this one. Looks like a freakin' awesome game, and not a retread of another series, but a new, awesome game with nice story and production values.

Zack's side scene in FFVII was one of the most poignient easter eggs in the game, and you're dead wrong, my friend, imo, and I can say that because I've played as much of it as you have. None.

The story and graphics look good, but for an RPG, the gameplay seems rather primitive. Keep in mind that this is just the opinion I made after reading reviews/previews of the game. The game seems too automatic for my taste. RPG's are known for having the unique ability to do what YOU want with your character. If that's toned down, then the game games fun factor takes a hit. One more thing: I tend to prfer my JRPG's turn-based.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

I hate the gay PSP and every game on it, but I think you're wrong on this one. Looks like a freakin' awesome game, and not a retread of another series, but a new, awesome game with nice story and production values.

Zack's side scene in FFVII was one of the most poignient easter eggs in the game, and you're dead wrong, my friend, imo, and I can say that because I've played as much of it as you have. None.

The story and graphics look good, but for an RPG, the gameplay seems rather primitive. Keep in mind that this is just the opinion I made after reading reviews/previews of the game. The game seems too automatic for my taste. RPG's are known for having the unique ability to do what YOU want with your character. If that's toned down, then the game games fun factor takes a hit. One more thing: I tend to prfer my JRPG's turn-based.

Ah, and I prefer my JRPG's strategy based.

I think there is a fine line. The weapon system in Reverant Wings was not adequate, the Materia system in VII was.

I still cannot see the game getting a 2 out of 5, or even a 3, based on the strength of its story and production values alone, same with Gaiden, but I digress on that one, that game deserves more than 60 percent, it's obvious. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Riot Of The Blood said:
This game seems like it's only getting high scores due to the Final Fantasy 7 name. From what I've read about the game, I don't think it's anything more than a 7.5 game at best. I don't understand how this game gets a 9 but a game like Etrian Odyssey only gets a 7.8, and Lost Odessey a 7.5.

Ummm... then wouldn't Dirge of Cerberus have gotten straight 9's?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

The FFVII name certainly didn't help Dirge of Cerberus.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

didnt that game get a 4/10 from another review?

I'm tired of people saying that this game is just ''getting good scores from the FF7 name".

If it is, then it's getting an equal amount of bad scores. For each FF7 fan, there's somebody out there who hates the game with a blind passion.

And if I remember correctly, king of wale, you said you never played FF7, but you're still blown away by Crisis Core, right?

What I've played has been nothing a very solid, very lovingly produced game that easily stands on its own two feet. It really doesn't leech off of FF7 at all compared to other spinoffs. Like the horrible, horrible, depressing train wreck that was Advent Children.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

>And if I remember correctly, king of wale, you said you never played FF7, but you're still blown away by Crisis Core, right?

Nope, never played FFVII but I have watched Advent Children, does that help? I don't think I've ever been blown away with every aspect of a game as I have with Crisis Core.

lol, I'm now 21 hours into the game. and at Normal Mode, CONSTANTLY getting my asses handed to me even after I masked dodging skill. How?

1.. most of the enemy has "stun" in their basic attacks,
2.. "death" magic is such a pain to deal with.
3.. some can kill you with one hit.

I swear to god I need to change my tactics almost per enemy, just to NOT die in a mission. *sighs*

Oh, I'm level 43 (unlikey for me) 43% finished on Missions and 2 more chapters to go

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I played a good bit of the import, and now I've decided to give the english version a try on hard. Which means, sooner or later, it will become insanely difficult.

Oh well, I could always just press X over and over; I hear that strategy never fails.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.