By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The defining sales battle of this generation: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End vs. Mario Kart 8

Higher lifetime sales?

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End 157 64.08%

Mario Kart 8 76 31.02%

Scoreboard 12 4.90%

Total:245
Ryng_Tolu said:
Wright said:

Even Gears of War 4?

Dude both those games are gonna be close to 10 million. No freaking way Gears of War 4 sells that much.

It is hard to predict something so far away like Gears of War, both Mario Kart, and Uncharted 4, already have reviews out, with the actual 94 Meta score of Uncharted 4, it have chances of selling over 10 Millions or even more, but i don't think that Gears of War, will sell much more than Halo.

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8.
"innovative gameplay".

Yeah.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Wait.... Mario Kart "8" has innovative gameplay? yet uncharted 4 has a tired gameplay formula?Hmmmmm

Anyways. I think uncharted 4 will take this one easily. If for nothing else, we can guarantee that come this fall it would be bundled to all hell and back. Either officially or unofficially.

Those Mario Kart 8 predictions... Oh man.
Forget Uncharted 4. The game can sell less than 5 million or more than 20 million i don't care.

But some people think Mario Kart 8 will sell... 8.5 million? Hu? 8 million!? What the hell?

Here the Mario Kart 8 sales since launch:

Q1 - 2.82m
Q2 - 670K
Q3 - 1.28m
Q4 - 340K
Q5 - 320K
Q6 - 440K
Q7 - 1.37m
Q8 - 260K

Now, let's say Mario Kart 8 will stop selling by first January 2018... Which is impossible, but let's say it will.

Mario Kart 8 should sell for the next 7 quarters an avg of 71K all quarter. Including holidays 2016. Huuum?
For sells 8.5 million, Mario Kart 8 should sells with an avg of 140K all quarters... Yeah?

People should keep in mind that in both holidays 2014 and 2015 Mario Kart 8 has sold well over 1 million, and actually, holidays 2015 was bigger than holidays 2014.

Hell, even if holidays 2016 is a total disastre and Mario Kart 8 sells only ~500K it will still be over 8 million just with one quarter.

In short... 9 million is the minimum of what Mario Kart 8 will sell. Less than this is crazy. And if you think the crazy is me, i can make a bet.

besides, let's not forget that u charted 4 will probably be bundled with the PS4 for at least another two years after this fall....

basically, if Sony sells 18M PS4s next year.... they would have also sold 18M uncharted. how is Nintendo going to compete with that?????

Around the Network

It's not even a contest, Mario Kart 8 is the true beast here. The attach rate for MK8 is insane, Uncharted 4 can never have that.

Take that.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Intrinsic said:
besides, let's not forget that u charted 4 will probably be bundled with the PS4 for at least another two years after this fall....

basically, if Sony sells 18M PS4s next year.... they would have also sold 18M uncharted. how is Nintendo going to compete with that?????

I'm sure that they will have a lot of other bundles throught the year.

Uncharted 4 and if it needs a second release for PS4 Neo with 60fps in singleplayer and some other improvements to let many owners buy it a second time then let it be because of this.

crissindahouse said:
Uncharted 4 and if it needs a second release for PS4 Neo with 60fps in singleplayer and some other improvements to let many owners buy it a second time then let it be because of this.

If the latest rumours of the Neo are true, there will just be an in game patch to Neo version.

People won't have to double dip for a Neo copy of the game.

It's obvious that Uncharted 4 won't have the same attach rate, it'd sell about 60, 70 M LT XD. But they're promoting the game a lot. It's everywhere. I can't count how may times I've seen an UC ad or some other way of promotion. I think it can reach 10M and will exceed Mario Kart 8 sales.