By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 has hit 1 million sales

What do you think?

:D 63 24.32%

Bayonetta 3 on NX Confirmed 138 53.28%

I want to more PG Games in NX 42 16.22%

Now Vanquish 2 or TW102 on NX 16 6.18%

Total:259

I'd like to believe it but I think VGC is waaaaaaaay off here, the NPD leak we got for Bayonetta 2's LTD a few months ago was way lower than what VGC was claiming.

Nintendo should finance Bayonetta 3 regardless, it creates goodwill towards the fanbase and they can't just sell a platform entirely on mascot games.

Around the Network

I'd like to say congrats, but at this point, it sounds like this isn't even true....

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Even if it's not true (I think it is considering digital), there is a chance Nintendo secured Bayo 3... afterall they even included her on Smash. :o

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Even if it's not true (I think it is considering digital), there is a chance Nintendo secured Bayo 3... afterall they even included her on Smash. :o

They also included Ryu in Smash and SFV was a PS4 console exclusive. There's also Snake in Brawl. I don't think a character being in Smash is indicative of potential franchises on their console.

TheGoldenBoy said:
LipeJJ said:

They also included Ryu in Smash and SFV was a PS4 console exclusive. There's also Snake in Brawl. I don't think a character being in Smash is indicative of potential franchises on their console.

I never said they will surely make Bayo 3 exclusive because they included Cereza on Smash; I just said there is a chance.

Anyway, Snake appeared later in Nintendo systems (Metal Gear Solid 3D, "exclusive" remake for a period of time). Plus, we knew that SFV was a PS4 exclusive when they announced Ryu for Smash; which don't rule out the possibility of a Super Street Fighter V for NX/X1. I mean, does anyone trust a thing Capcom says after all?

So yes, I think it's a good indicative. Don't forget about Sanic. :o

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

I never said they will surely make Bayo 3 exclusive because they included Cereza on Smash; I just said there is a chance.

Anyway, Snake appeared later in Nintendo systems (Metal Gear Solid 3D, "exclusive" remake for a period of time). Plus, we knew that SFV was a PS4 exclusive when they announced Ryu for Smash; which don't rule out the possibility of a Super Street Fighter V for NX/X1. I mean, does anyone trust a thing Capcom says after all?

That's not Solid Snake! n00b!!

Probably overtracked but a good milestone

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Boutros said:
LipeJJ said:

That's not Solid Snake! n00b!!

For all effects, Big Boss = Solid Snake. It's not like it makes a difference in a fighting game with no story at all.

Why should it be overtracked? you can buy it for 20 bucks now and it run out of stocks in the US

DivinePaladin said:
Lawlight said:
None of them. Both Bayonetta and Vanquish felt like shallow games that PG banged out in a couple of months. They rely a lot on flashiness to hide the gameplay's and story's shortcomings.

Since when was Bayonetta's best-in-the-genre gameplay shallow?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Lawlight said:
None of them. Both Bayonetta and Vanquish felt like shallow games that PG banged out in a couple of months. They rely a lot on flashiness to hide the gameplay's and story's shortcomings.

There are areas of Bayonetta that are ripe for criticism: its self-indulgent storyline and repeated enemies in the end game. But you can't call the gameplay shallow.

The combat and combo system is remarkably deep. It makes hack 'n' slash games like Devil May Cry and God of War look positively primitive by comparison.

I don't think Bayonetta is deep at all - it's a hack n slash game like DmC. You just hack and slash and block on a timely manner. I'm curious to know what exactly is deep in that gameplay.