By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect : The dark age of Xbox (can you bear this much cringe)

Ever wonder what the bottom of an avatar shoe looks like?

BAM! 29 69.05%

FIST BUMP! 13 30.95%

Total:42
JRPGfan said:

Also think PS move VR games will fail. People will get it maybe for the novelty of it, but it ll be short lasting.

They need to focus on just makeing VR games as much as possibly like normal games.

Just its in VR, with the head tracking, and useing the normal controller.

Just making "normal games" means you're appealing to one group which means alienating the others, for something as young as the current gen of VR, I don't think that's hoenstly the ebst idea, if anything it would put me fof VR in the future if all the focus was on were just moving your head left to right.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

All the motion crap, also known as wii motion games look terrible. First person games that you move around with a controller make much more sense to me. Being stuck in one spot is not fun.

Tag

Kinect was directly responsible for the 360's longevity in the market, but had a lot of cringe-worthy stuff.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Jega said:

Virtual Boy, Wii Controller, Wii-U Controller, Wii-U (Nintendo).

Betamax, Eye Toy, UMD Movies, Blu-ray Movies. PS Move Controller, PS Vita (Sony).

Zune, Kinect, Windows Phone (Microsoft).

Nuff said.

i don't get what you are trying to say..... the bolded products are nothing like kinect and werent tring to ot promising to do what kinect did. Nor are they cringe worthy. 

They were or are all really sound great products. Even if they aren't as successful as they could be and some of them are actually very successful. 

Around the Network

Gamers not wanting to use controllers anymore? That's news to me.

I too enjoy Crowbcat videos. Kinect is a wonderful bit of technology, but its applications are mostly non-gaming related, which is what MS focused the most in its early day, trying to make it happen with Star Wars Kinect, Steel Batallion, ...

Chazore said:
JRPGfan said:

Even if they improve it, it wont change anything.

People dont wanna walk around and swing their arms and bodys around while playing a game (atleast not for any longer length of time).

I think motion controlls in VR is going to fail.

I dont think VR is going to fail.

You think they will and I think they won't, you can't really say for definitie that people don't want to move with VR in 50 years time.

Never said VR was going to fail, you seem to think that Vive will based on what it;s trying to sell which was why I said you may as well say the same for OR.

If you think motion control VR is going to fail then I wonder about that PS move...

The big problem with motion control is haptic feedback, next to being able to move through solid objects, which will also be a big problem with VR. It can't stop you from sticking your head through a wall like a game controlled by a controller can. Well it can stop you for both motion control and VR viewpoints, but that will be very jarring and feels glitchy like we've already seen with motion controlled games trying to get around this problem.

Motion controls work fine when you have free movement. Motion games will face a difficult balancing act though as sticking your hand through a solid oject will instantly break immersion.

Soundwave said:
There, there XBox fans. At least you only had to tolerate motion gaming for what? 4 years? Nintendo fans had it worse.

Well we at least got a playable game from time to time.

Xbox go home.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.