By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect : The dark age of Xbox (can you bear this much cringe)

Ever wonder what the bottom of an avatar shoe looks like?

BAM! 29 69.05%

FIST BUMP! 13 30.95%

Total:42

"Back in 2009 when Xbox was at its best, Project Natal came out of nowhere. Supposed revolutionary, the controller has to disappear. Kinect turned into a long ride to hell that lasted 5 years, forced all the way up to the next generation of consoles. Since the departure of Don Mattrick in 2013, a major reorganization of the Xbox team was made. Kinect is no longer advertised or bundled with the console. Today, Phil Spencer is still trying his best to recover the Xbox brand's image."

I love this channel.

Around the Network

Pixies - where is my mind remix sounds good :) (first min or so)

*still watching video as I made this post.

Watched it, cringe... Kinect failed to live up to all those videos hype.

I wouldn't mind videokinect with those girls at 7:46.

I don't know what's worse. This or Xbone announcement?

OMG......

What I find really disturbing is that some people actually bought into this nonsense.

Around the Network

Cool.

But I'm still glad I got my kinect bundle, it makes the XO a complete multimedia package. Can't imagine my xbox one without it.

Hope they release an RTS with Kinect controls at one point. It did make MS a shit tone of money at the end of the day and there is still some gaming potential with the thing.

Painful to watch indeed. I have a feeling that in 5 years, we will watch todays VR craze while cringing.

I had to stop multiple times during that video, the cringe is too potent. I still don't believe how people bought into the hype, especially with how fake every demonstration came off.

KLXVER said:
Painful to watch indeed. I have a feeling that in 5 years, we will watch todays VR craze while cringing.

No need to wait, this awesome youtuber already has VR covered

arcaneguyver said:
I had to stop multiple times during that video, the cringe is too potent. I still don't believe how people bought into the hype, especially with how fake every demonstration came off.

I still cant believe the BS Molyneux spew out with Project Milo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPIbGnBQcJY

"And this works today, Now!"  lmfao