By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kinect : The dark age of Xbox (can you bear this much cringe)

Ever wonder what the bottom of an avatar shoe looks like?

BAM! 29 69.05%

FIST BUMP! 13 30.95%

Total:42

Virtual Boy, Wii Controller, Wii-U Controller, Wii-U (Nintendo).

Betamax, Eye Toy, UMD Movies, Blu-ray Movies. PS Move Controller, PS Vita (Sony).

Zune, Kinect, Windows Phone (Microsoft).

Nuff said.

Around the Network

when you buy Kinect, VR & HoloLens, someday you get bored easily if you have got nothing. It's obviously great for those people love to make their own non-gaming concepts.

arcaneguyver said:
The damage control in the comments for the VR video is intense, LOL.

And I thought the MS E3's were cringy.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

There was a limit between what could be considered fair use vs false advertisement.

Whatever the limit was, Kinect set the bar pretty high XD.

JRPGfan said:

(vive VR is gonna be a waste of money)

for VR to be a enjoyable experiance,  it needs to be only the head movement.

You need to be able to sit down and use the normal controller while in VR.

May as well say the same for OR since they are planning to also add on with motion tracking. I believe motion tracking VR will improve over time though and become the default VR in the future though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

This is so full of cringe. And Mattrick talking about the Kinect seemed way too forced, like he wasn't motivated at all. He wasn't... Kinected.

Chazore said:
JRPGfan said:

(vive VR is gonna be a waste of money)

for VR to be a enjoyable experiance,  it needs to be only the head movement.

You need to be able to sit down and use the normal controller while in VR.

May as well say the same for OR since they are planning to also add on with motion tracking. I believe motion tracking VR will improve over time though and become the default VR in the future though.

Even if they improve it, it wont change anything.

People dont wanna walk around and swing their arms and bodys around while playing a game (atleast not for any longer length of time).

I think motion controlls in VR is going to fail.

I dont think VR is going to fail.

JRPGfan said:

People dont wanna walk around and swing their arms and bodys around while playing a game (atleast not for any longer length of time).

You think they will and I think they won't, you can't really say for definitie that people don't want to move with VR in 50 years time.

Never said VR was going to fail, you seem to think that Vive will based on what it;s trying to sell which was why I said you may as well say the same for OR.

If you think motion control VR is going to fail then I wonder about that PS move...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
JRPGfan said:

You think they will and I think they won't, you can't really say for definitie that people don't want to move with VR in 50 years time.

Never said VR was going to fail, you seem to think that Vive will based on what it;s trying to sell which was why I said you may as well say the same for OR.

If you think motion control VR is going to fail then I wonder about that PS move...

Also think PS move VR games will fail. People will get it maybe for the novelty of it, but it ll be short lasting.

They need to focus on just makeing VR games as much as possibly like normal games.

Just its in VR, with the head tracking, and useing the normal controller.

Impossibly, even worse in retrospect. I had it pegged as crap as soon as I saw the first media about it. Even worse than the product though, was the fake shit MS put out there. Fake bullshit where people weren't even controlling the games they were demoing. Is the Jamie Kennedy Burnout Paradise vid part of the compilation? That was pure gold.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."