By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who else thinks this is the best generation for video games?

i personally think this has been the greatest generation like cmon sure games were fun was in the day like snes but this generation has to offer realistic graphics from both xbox and ps3 and fun gameplay from the wii and great games coming out that will keep us busy and entertained and all console offer updates which make everything better over time.

i personally spend more gaming this generation then any other because i just have more fun 

who else thinks this is the best generation?

PSN: Metra17

Games: Uncharted, Burnout Paradise, COD4, Motorstorm, Rockband

Around the Network

hard to tell since its far from over... but yeah its pretty damn good so far...

I still consider the SNES the golden age of gaming.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Not enough new IP's so far, so it will be far less memorable if this continues...

But by far we have seen the most sales for the gaming industry, which is great to see.

Its been very damn good so far, especially with the seamlessness of online and the prevalence of it in games. I think downloadable titles, like Rez HD and Everyday Shooter from XBLA and the PSN, have really added a lot to this generation as well. Wii owners will get there own form of it soon.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I'll get back to you when this gen is over and I've had time to reflect on it a bit. :)

Seriously, it's way too early to tell. When we're in the midst of things we often are looking through rose colored glasses as well.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Last en was better, if any of the current systems can pull out the PS2's numbers for great software then maybe but all three have a tough time to match the PS2's library.

Too early to tell. At this stage, its far from the best. There were some amazing games from previous generations and we havn't seen any console being pushed to its full potential yet. I feel that the Wii has by far, the most potential of the three. IMO it is the only console that shows any real evolution from the previous gen in a similar manner to the landmark transition from 2D to 3D typified by the Saturn/Playstation/N64 era of gaming. Only once we see games that really take advantage of motion and balance board hardware, can there be any truth to the claim of this generation being the best ever.

If you judge each gen by market growth then sure, this gen is the best as its the biggest essentally (so far anyway).

I think though that we've seen sacrifices regarding new IP and innovation vs profit.

I haven't really seen a single game yet on PS3 / 360 / Wii that makes me think wow, what a work of genius.

Of course, what are now seen as works of genius (Ico, System Shock, Grim Fandango, etc) all sold poorly vs more average but accessible games - so I guess we only have ourselves to blame.

Still, I do think that there is a nice level of overall quality to most decent games now - and the future should be rosy considering the differnet possibilities offered by each of the three consoles.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

well to be honest I was really too young to enjoy the last couple gens as much as I could have. Sure i had fun times on the PSone but i was too young to know about all the good games it had, i just mostly played NHL games.

PS2 i mostly just played Gran Turismo. I missed out on a lot of good games the PS2 had to offer and probably only got half the experience.

As for the PS3 I was 15 when it launched so I knew/know more about it and feel I'm getting the full experience unlike its predecessors. If I was only say 10 years old now, I'd probably be missing out on all the good shooting games and such, but I'm not.

To sum it up, I'd say for me its the best generation so far.