By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why March 2017 isn't the best time to launch NX

Do you agree?

No 60 54.55%

Yes 50 45.45%

Total:110

anyone who thinks Titanfall 2 is going to do well is sadly mistaken. but no, if it will fail for any reason, it will be the timing. 3 months after the holiday season is just a bad time to release a new console in general

Around the Network

"even the best laid plans go awry"

holiday season 2016 was the right time... sometimes plans fall apart though, and you just have to adjust things.

Lets release it in April!No wait, there that game, so its a bad idea....

Then lets release in September!Wait, there might be a new Ubisoft and EA game that will release by then.NX will suffer with it....

So release it holiday 2017!....But thats when a new COD will release.No no, that will make the NX implode....

Release it 2020!But then there will be the PS5, Nintendo will be doomed by it.....

Okay, okay.Release it by 2030!!!....No you cant!By then, McDonalds will have launched its Ronald Mc Gaming machine, and the world will be dominated by it!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Lets release it in April!No wait, there that game, so its a bad idea....

Then lets release in September!Wait, there might be a new Ubisoft and EA game that will release by then.NX will suffer with it....

So release it holiday 2017!....But thats when a new COD will release.No no, that will make the NX implode....

Release it 2020!But then there will be the PS5, Nintendo will be doomed by it.....

Okay, okay.Release it by 2030!!!....No you cant!By then, McDonalds will have launched its Ronald Mc Gaming machine, and the world will be dominated by it!

Maybe read the full OP first, and holiday 2017 will be a good idea for the same reason you stated.

Plot twist: Mass Effect is a launch title for NX.

Around the Network

All these games will be delayed to May right after the NX gets delayed to September, so they will never meet anyway.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That's what I'm worried about, big 3rd party titles are releasing before NX even comes out and it's those titles that nobody would want a port of on NX. I keep wondering if NX is even remotely similar to what we think it is.

I think the whole idea that a product can or should only release during a certain time of year is just outdated thinking... Yes the NX will miss the 2016 holiday season but these early first month's and rolling into e3 2017, Nintendo can use that time to work out any kinks and issues with the hardware and OS. It will still be the freshest gaming platform on the market for 2017, so interest will be there regardless to see what makes this platform so special.

Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo Fans all around the world waited desperately for Mass Effect, God of War and Titanfall.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

There is no ideal time to release the NX; being forced into aborting the gen after a one year head start and basically jump straight from a falling branch and onto a potentially perilous one is far from ideal.
But, yes, March is a pretty ridiculous global launch month for a home console, holidays would be heaps better (and the norm at that).