By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why March 2017 isn't the best time to launch NX

Do you agree?

No 60 54.55%

Yes 50 45.45%

Total:110

Two of those are multiplat...who is to say it won't be getting ports of TF2 and ME as launch titles on top of the 1st party line up?

Seriously people need to cool their jets at least until more about it and its line up is confirmed.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

If 3 games are enough to kill a console at launch, then there's no hope at all.
And no, I don't think 3 games outweigh any console launch.

I would release in September. It's the perfect month to get the initial rush out of the way for a month or two before the holidays roll around and give you the second surge.

I am Iron Man

Zelda is better than those games...tho.

Xenoblade Chronicles X was the last well received exclusive the Wii U will ever have. With a March 2017 release, that gives Nintendo fans a nearly year and a half drought of good games. When the NX launches it will just launch with Zelda.

Hmmm. What other system launched in Q1 and with just a Zelda game, that you could play on another system? How did that launch work out for the 3DS? Oh yeah! That's right. The 3DS launched as an overpriced system with no games. If the NX is anything over $250 then it will fail horribly.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
onionberry said:

None of them are out. I'm not sure how that claim can be made. 

OT: Someone mentioned September. I agree that such a period would better for this sort of launch!

Have any console lauched in September? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Nautilus said:
Lets release it in April!No wait, there that game, so its a bad idea....

Then lets release in September!Wait, there might be a new Ubisoft and EA game that will release by then.NX will suffer with it....

So release it holiday 2017!....But thats when a new COD will release.No no, that will make the NX implode....

Release it 2020!But then there will be the PS5, Nintendo will be doomed by it.....

Okay, okay.Release it by 2030!!!....No you cant!By then, McDonalds will have launched its Ronald Mc Gaming machine, and the world will be dominated by it!

Haha! Nice one! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

NX needs those multiplats and hopefully better online service and crossplay. :)

CGI-Quality said:
onionberry said:

None of them are out. I'm not sure how that claim can be made. 

OT: Someone mentioned September. I agree that such a period would better for this sort of launch!

I'm a zelda fan.

If I were the CEO at Nintendo I would make my employees work overtime, open up short term positions, and delay/cancel all projects for WII U so that they can push the launch at the start of December ...

Missing the holidays is detrimental cause that's where the spending period for commodities goes through the roof ...