By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't get it how adults can like games with kiddy cartoony look

It's just visuals. It has nothing to do with the writing or themes and mechanics when it comes to video games.

Besides, no one should be insecure about what piece of media they enjoy.

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network

Wow, this is the state of the gaming community? I'm 19 and play any game no matter the graphics. To only play one type of game to me is stale and offers little room to broaden your horizon. But it's your opinion. Nintendo, Ratchet and Clank still sell millions without your service.

Faelco said:
Does the same reasoning works for series too?

Because I want to show Archer to my 3 years old niece, it's a nice cartoon so it should be for kids, but I'm not sure if she would understand the jokes...

Go for Brickleberry instead, really lovely show for kids, even has a cute little bear cub in it too! Kids love that kinda stuff, nice colours etc.

NSFW... Obviously.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Guess the new comedy with Seth Rogen "sausage party" is too childish aswell then going by your logic.

Neodegenerate said:
LivingMetal said:

I just downloaded Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! on the PlayStation Vita.  It this kiddy enough for you?

That one image just put that game on my gamefly list.  Thank you.

To address the OT: An inability to appreciate art in all of its forms speaks more to the person who is viewing it than it does to those who are able to enjoy it for what it is.  Make no mistake, video games are art.

You are VERY welcome.  But FYI, Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! is digital download ONLY.  It normally retails for $15 USD on the PSN, but it's on sale for $9.  Look into it, and then buy it.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
m0ney said:

I see that some posters have a hard time distinguishing 'kiddy' and 'rated E'. Let me help you with examples:

Kirby = kiddy

SSX = NOT kiddy

I just downloaded Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! on the PlayStation Vita.  It this kiddy enough for you?

that certainly looks "childish", but probably in a different way than OP deems unfit for adults

I don't think artstyle has much to do with if something is kiddy. I mean, sure many things aimed at kids are cartoony but that doesn't mean all cartoony things are for kids.

Besides, even if something is created with kids in mind, doesn't mean adults can't enjoy it too

So, I disagree but you're entitled to like what you do

[] [] [] {} [] 

LivingMetal said:
Neodegenerate said:

That one image just put that game on my gamefly list.  Thank you.

To address the OT: An inability to appreciate art in all of its forms speaks more to the person who is viewing it than it does to those who are able to enjoy it for what it is.  Make no mistake, video games are art.

You are VERY welcome.  But FYI, Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! is digital download ONLY.  It normally retails for $15 USD on the PSN, but it's on sale for $9.  Look into it, and then buy it.

Well that's a shame, I prefer to gamefly things I haven't had prior experience with.  Under 10 bucks though, can't go wrong there.

think-man said:
Guess the new comedy with Seth Rogen "sausage party" is too childish aswell then going by your logic.

In fairness that does look incredibly childish and immature. But Ill certainly give it a whirl cos it looks FUN. Which is what games are supposed to be

I had a similar mindset for a few years around highschool because people would make fun of dudes playing kids games. I also got into anime for a bit but the shit I got from it just turned me away from it. Im still not much into it anymore. I later decided not to give a shit on what games i play. I still have friends that make fun of my huge video game collection because its not just call of duty but they will play broforce for hours with me. I understand your opinion to not like cartoonish graphics but that shouldn't make you think negatively towards the people who like them. I play fps games too and I shouldn't be so negative towards people who only like them but its kinda hard when they hate on anything that isnt fps. I also think cartoonish style graphics age much better than high tech realistic graphics. I love them all. 8 bit to a billion polygons.