By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Well, most people wanted ice cream. What kind?

Mint-endo Chocolate Chip 18 7.35%

Sonyberry 157 64.08%

Microsoft serve 17 6.94%

Cookies and Dreamcast 19 7.76%

Vanilla 16 6.53%

Organic and pun-free, thank you 18 7.35%

Total:245
Teeqoz said:
Mazzy said:

Not understanding here, english is not my first language. Are you referring to the movie delay?

The game and the movie was delayed. The article you linked to itself states that the game got more than a 10 month development time, because it was pushed back. If you don't believe me, the developers themselves and the article: The game was announced at E3 2014, in june. How many months from june 2014 to april 2016? 22. And surely the project didn't start during E3 right? So it had been in development for perhaps 2 or 3 months, minimum. 24-25 months then, minimum.

Oh ok, must have been updated, never saw that when I read it. 

I think this originated from me saying that Uncharted 4 outperforming R&C isn't a good metric for success, which still stands. 

Great game regardless, regardless of how long dev time was, albeit a little short. 

Around the Network
Mazzy said:

I can already name five better performing games this gen: GTAV, Battlefront, Watch_Dogs, Arkham Knight, FIFA, CoD AW, CoD BO3, Destiny, The Division, Fallout 4. And those are just PS4 sales.

Let's take a look at this list:

Arkham Knight did 1.2 million in the US on all platforms combined (including bundles) first month. Being generous to the PS4:XBO split, it did 800k on PS4. I can assure you that UC4 will beat that, and if it doesn't, I can agree that it hasn't met expectations.

Battlefront did 1.2 million on the PS4 in the US, first month, including bundles. Standalone it did 883k. UC4 will beat it standalone, including bundles it's up in the air. And I need to point out, both Battlefront and Arkham Knight had a regular bundle as well, unlike UC4 which only has an LE bundle that's more expensive than the normal console.

Fallout 4 did 1.25 million on the PS4 first month in the US. That might be tough for UC 4 to reach, but this is a game that shipped 12 million copies day one. What are you expecting?

Watch_Dogs did 583k first month in the US. Uncharted 4 will be miles above that.

Destiny did 858k standalone on PS4, 1.158 million including bundles. Again, UC4 will beat it standalone, including bundles is a tougher call.

The Division did 928k on PS4 first month in the US. UC4 should beat this.

Teeqoz said:

Arkham Knight did 1.2 million in the US on all platforms combined (including bundles) first month. Being generous to the PS4:XBO split, it did 800k on PS4. I can assure you that UC4 will beat that, and if it doesn't, I can agree that it hasn't met expectations.

Battlefront did 1.2 million on the PS4 in the US, first month, including bundles. Standalone it did 883k. UC4 will beat it standalone, including bundles it's up in the air. And I need to point out, both Battlefront and Arkham Knight had a regular bundle as well, unlike UC4 which only has an LE bundle that's more expensive than the normal console.

Fallout 4 did 1.25 million on the PS4 first month in the US. That might be tough for UC 4 to reach, but this is a game that shipped 12 million copies day one. What are you expecting?

Watch_Dogs did 583k first month in the US. Uncharted 4 will be miles above that.

Destiny did 858k standalone on PS4, 1.158 million including bundles. Again, UC4 will beat it standalone, including bundles is a tougher call.

I was using UK numbers because those are the Uncharted 4 numbers we have. I'm not going to say Uncharted 4's theoretical US sales are above or below another game because we don't have US sales for Uncharted 4.

And all things being equal, an exclusive should always sell more than the PS4's split for the same game if that game was multiplat.

Again, this is just starting to become a circular argument until we have more numbers as well as the budget of the game. 

Mazzy said:
Teeqoz said:

I was using UK numbers because those are the Uncharted 4 numbers we have. I'm not going to say Uncharted 4's theoretical US sales are above or below another game because we don't have US sales for Uncharted 4.

And all things being equal, an exclusive should always sell more than the PS4's split for the same game if that game was multiplat.

Again, this is just starting to become a circular argument until we have more numbers as well as the budget of the game. 

Even so, Arkham Knight and The Division did ~150k FW, which is less than UC4. That's VGC numbers at least, but if you have a better source available I'd love to see it.

Teeqoz said:

Even so, Arkham Knight and The Division did ~150k FW, which is less than UC4. That's VGC numbers at least, but if you have a better source available I'd love to see it.

I got these from PAL Charts. VGC are inaccurate, so that's likely where the discrepancy is coming from. 

Around the Network
Mazzy said:
Teeqoz said:

I got these from PAL Charts. VGC are inaccurate, so that's likely where the discrepancy is coming from. 

Can you link them?

Teeqoz said:

Can you link them?

Link 100+ threads? 

Just google "PAL Charts Week xx" and click the GAF link

CGI-Quality said:
Mazzy said:

Link 100+ threads? 

It is you that has made the claims. A source would be nice so the conversation can progress.

Again, do you want me to link 100+ threads? How do people in a sales thread not know about PAL charts? There is a chart for every week of the year. 

Mazzy said:
Teeqoz said:

Can you link them?

Link 100+ threads? 

So, I've only checked The Division's first week so far (and Batman and The Division were the only games I contested), and it did >180k first week, so less than UC4, unlike what you claimed.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1196974

Mazzy said:
CGI-Quality said:

It is you that has made the claims. A source would be nice so the conversation can progress.

Again, do you want me to link 100+ threads? How do people in a sales thread not know about PAL charts? There is a chart for every week of the year. 

I didn't know you required 100+ threads to provide numbers for two games!

And given how some of what you've said is flat out wrong, it's only fair that we request sources when you make statements without providing them.