By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Well, most people wanted ice cream. What kind?

Mint-endo Chocolate Chip 18 7.35%

Sonyberry 157 64.08%

Microsoft serve 17 6.94%

Cookies and Dreamcast 19 7.76%

Vanilla 16 6.53%

Organic and pun-free, thank you 18 7.35%

Total:245
Primethius said:

Okay, I assumed that little Prime tag beside it along with the 20% off for Prime members meant that that was a Prime only price (I'm a Prime members). My apologies.

You have still failed to address the rest of my points however. It seems your only interested in conjecture rather then hard data.

UC4 sold 192k in the UK in one week. That is higher then almost any PS4 title this generation with a few exceptions (CoD, Fallout 4). I'm not really interested in arguing with someone over abstracts who won't actually define numerically his bar for success.

Make the connections for me. Tell me why exactly 192k, one of the highest and probably top 5 single platform debut this generation fails to meet Sonys expectations (err.. yours actually).

The title also sold about 80k in Spain in one week. Double that of UC3 and that number (without digital) is only bested by GT5. With digital, chances are that the title is the best performing Sony title in Spain of all time.

So, why exactly aren't these expectations being met?

Edit: That F4 comparison is wrong. That's comparing one platform to two. F4 PS4 was around 255k. Wow. Your using a game that shipped 12 million copies day one to discount UC4 sales. What a convincing argument...

Is it just me or are Mazzy's comments giving off that SalesGAF junior alt vibe?

Around the Network
Primethius said:

Okay, I assumed that little Prime tag beside it along with the 20% off for Prime members meant that that was a Prime only price (I'm a Prime members). My apologies.

You have still failed to address the rest of my points however. It seems your only interested in conjecture rather then hard data.

UC4 sold 192k in the UK in one week. That is higher then almost any PS4 title this generation with a few exceptions (CoD, Fallout 4). I'm not really interested in arguing with someone over abstracts who won't actually define numerically his bar for success.

Make the connections for me. Tell me why exactly 192k, one of the highest and probably top 5 single platform debut this generation fails to meet Sonys expectations (err.. yours actually).

The title also sold about 80k in Spain in one week. Double that of UC3 and that number (without digital) is only bested by GT5. With digital, chances are that the title is the best performing Sony title in Spain of all time.

So, why exactly aren't these expectations being met?

Conjecture? Saying that a game with the largest ever PlayStation marketing campagin changes the context in which the game is a success is conjecture? Is it also conjecture when people said QB was a massive flop due to it being a prominent AAA exclusive with hours of FMV cutscenes? Do I need the budget down to the penny before we can say it was a flop? Do you not understand that context changes with the budget, marketing, and prominency of a game?

I can already name five better performing games this gen: GTAV, Battlefront, Watch_Dogs, Arkham Knight, FIFA, CoD AW, CoD BO3, Destiny, The Division, Fallout 4. And those are just PS4 sales.

And don't ask me, ask Sony why they haven't released any PR and why they overshipped to Amazon. I would say wait for US sales, but I know people say it's a success even if it just sells 1m.

Aura7541 said:

Been a member for over two years. And moving  the baseless accusations from VGC alt to GAF alt. LOL

CGI-Quality said:
Mazzy said:

Been a member for over two years.

Your account states otherwise (in a sense, you've just blown your own cover). The best thing for you to do is not even acknowledge the "alt" talk anymore. 

yeah?

CGI-Quality said:
Mazzy said:

yeah?

Yeah.

Mind expanding? lol

Mazzy said:

Conjecture? Saying that a game with the largest ever PlayStation marketing campagin changes the context in which the game is a success is conjecture? Is it also conjecture when people said QB was a massive flop due to it being a prominent AAA exclusive with hours of FMV cutscenes? Do I need the budget down to the penny before we can say it was a flop? Do you not understand that context changes with the budget, marketing, and prominency of a game?

I can already name five better performing games this gen: GTAV, Battlefront, Watch_Dogs, Arkham Knight, FIFA, CoD AW, CoD BO3, Destiny, The Division, Fallout 4. And those are just PS4 sales.

And don't ask me, ask Sony why they haven't released any PR and why they overshipped to Amazon. I would say wait for US sales, but I know people say it's a success even if it just sells 1m.

Aura7541 said:

Been a member for over two years. And moving  the baseless accusations from VGC alt to GAF alt. LOL

I don't know, you're getting down Another48Hour's posting style rather perfectly...

But anyways, I'm not sure why the price being lower on Amazon is such a red flag, when all of the other retailers which hold ~95% of the total US marketshare still has UC4 at full price. How do you know that the lack of PR means UC4 underperformed? How do you know that Sony is not waiting until a later date to reveal the numbers? What are Sony's specific sales expectations? So yeah, you're just giving a bunch of conjectures because you're never specific.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

Like come on man. It says, three lines lower than that, "This changed, thank goodness.", because the game and movie was delayed a year. I'd appreciate it if you could properly check your sources next time.

So, we needed to make a big game that blew away our previous efforts. It needed to sync up with the just-getting-started film. And we needed to ship it in 10 months to line up with the movie release. **

Okay. We’ll stop whining. We love Ratchet & Clank. Sign us up.

*Our oldest arch-nemesis is a man named Paxton Crowlers. 
**This changed, thank goodness.

Not understanding here, english is not my first language. Are you referring to the movie delay?

CGI-Quality said:
Mazzy said:

Mind expanding? lol

Nothing to expand on. Like I said above, your best bet is to quit talking about it, as all you're doing is drawing attention to yourself. If your arguments hold weight and you've done nothing wrong, you should have no reason to question any of what I'm saying. However, if you want moderators) to focus on something that's looking more and more obvious, continue to dig. 

Already said I can provide any proof necessary, so please stop with this passive aggressive nonsense. This is my first account, dig as far as you want. 

CGI-Quality said:

It's your first account? 

Umm...

Mazzy said:
This is my first account

lol? 

Edit: I've posted on mobile which gives you a new IP every time you use the internet, and the IP addresses are shared across customers.

CGI-Quality said:
Mazzy said:

Umm...

lol? 

All I needed to know. ;)

Glad I could help. Now I suppose we should get back on topic. 

Mazzy said:
Teeqoz said:

Like come on man. It says, three lines lower than that, "This changed, thank goodness.", because the game and movie was delayed a year. I'd appreciate it if you could properly check your sources next time.

So, we needed to make a big game that blew away our previous efforts. It needed to sync up with the just-getting-started film. And we needed to ship it in 10 months to line up with the movie release. **

Okay. We’ll stop whining. We love Ratchet & Clank. Sign us up.

*Our oldest arch-nemesis is a man named Paxton Crowlers. 
**This changed, thank goodness.

Not understanding here, english is not my first language. Are you referring to the movie delay?

The game and the movie was delayed. The article you linked to itself states that the game got more than a 10 month development time, because it was pushed back. If you don't believe me, the developers themselves and the article: The game was announced at E3 2014, in june. How many months from june 2014 to april 2016? 22. And surely the project didn't start during E3 right? So it had been in development for perhaps 2 or 3 months, minimum. 24-25 months then, minimum.