By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 spoils : When internet and forums become disgusting

GribbleGrunger said:

I remember getting a PM from someone on N4Gs that started reasonably but then suddenly ended with 'Ellie is infected.'

Prick.

Should have seen it coming. TLoU is a zombie infection story after all.

Around the Network

it was REALLY ANNOYING with star wars 7. That was really bad.
cant complaing about anything else.

this sadly happens to every major media release like right now i'm actively avoiding anything Captain America Civil War so i won't get spoiled.

GribbleGrunger said:
Teeqoz said:

What? What kind of logic is that? How on earth can you know about my intentions to play a game or not? And actually it's pretty easy to have "missed" it. I don't read or watch anything where it's obvious that spoilers for the game will be posted, and normally, people are cautious enough that when they decide to randomly post spoilers about a game, they use, you know, spoiler tags, because that's what they are made for.

I don't understand why you are arguing this. By posting spoilers like that in a thread where it is completely unrelated, without using spoiler tags, you are being just as much of a prick as the prick that spoiled the game for you. Well actually, I'd concede that you weren't being a prick if, as soon as someone notified you that your post might ruin the game for some, you'd just go "Oh crap, I didn't think about that", then you'd go and edit the post to spoiler tag the spoiler. Instead, you are trying to defend what you are doing, so actually, you are being just as much of a prick.

It's three years. NOBODY ever spoiler tags games after three years, hell, people don't even spoiler tag games after a year.

Stop defending yourself, own up to it and apologize. FFS.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Bandorr said:

Do you mean that tweet?

perhaps it isn't working because of "mobile.twitter.com" instead of just twitter.com

Yep thanks

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

I guess it's a good thing that my computer fan got busted, so I don't have to turn it on and have access to social media.

One thing I can suggest for both Civil War and Uncharted 4 spoilers is, avoid Twitch stream comments like fucking hell. If you're tempted to see the trailers again, try not to scroll down to the comments.

Try not to wander unnecessarily on forums or gaming news sites. IGN won't police those comments as well as this site can. And be careful of the new accounts that post spoilers on random threads, like what happened with Star Wars.

In a nutshell, avoid places where large group of assholes tend to roam. If a friend is about to tell you the spoiler on person, blow an airhorn on his ear, then run away.

Practically any good or popular game is going to get spoilers plastered all over the net, it basically becomes a game of trying to use or ignore the net.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Reminds me of Halo 3 and MGS4 last gen, people were reading GAF threads about the game and collecting all the gamertags they could find and then were sending messages to those people with spoilers in the username. So no matter what, you were reading a spoiler.

People are shitty.

I havent heard a single thing about the story anywhere. Then again, I don't care for the game at all, so I guess I'm not hanging around in the same places as you are.

Spoilers really do suck though. The tagline for the new season of Game of Thrones for example.. That was just so dumb. Lots of gaming websites with clickbait articles with spoilers in the freakin' title. Come on :/

LudicrousSpeed said:
Reminds me of Halo 3 and MGS4 last gen, people were reading GAF threads about the game and collecting all the gamertags they could find and then were sending messages to those people with spoilers in the username. So no matter what, you were reading a spoiler.

People are shitty.

Internet takes the best of people, and also the worst, but more often the worst.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m