By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 spoils : When internet and forums become disgusting

Teeqoz said:

In a thread that is clearly against spoiling games for other people, I did not expect to see users spoiling a game for me. But thanks, you just ruined the game for me.

Nonsense. If you haven't played it by now you'll never play it. It's been three frigin' years. It's been discussed openly on every single forum for well over a year so I'm not quite sure how you've missed it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Ok, I gotta ask... how?

I mean, I haven't seen any spoilers myself when I haven't wanted to. So how did you accidentally see them?

Not here , some people sending PM with spoils in thé title or even making thread with spoiling titles like this " X DO THIS AT THE END OF THE GAME "

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

And sometimes, they even post their spoils in threads that have nothing to do with Uncharted.

Like youre reading a discussion about the next Sucker Punch game and a troll comes in and spams his spoil

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

GribbleGrunger said:
I remember getting a PM from someone on N4Gs that started reasonably but then suddenly ended with 'Ellie is infected.'

Prick.

Infected with Herpes?

d21lewis said:

Infected with Herpes?

I don't want to spoil it for you ...

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Teeqoz said:

In a thread that is clearly against spoiling games for other people, I did not expect to see users spoiling a game for me. But thanks, you just ruined the game for me.

Nonsense. If you haven't played it by now you'll never play it. It's been three frigin' years. It's been discussed openly on every single forum for well over a year so I'm not quite sure how you've missed it.

What? What kind of logic is that? How on earth can you know about my intentions to play a game or not? And actually it's pretty easy to have "missed" it. I don't read or watch anything where it's obvious that spoilers for the game will be posted, and normally, people are cautious enough that when they decide to randomly post spoilers about a game, they use, you know, spoiler tags, because that's what they are made for.

I don't understand why you are arguing this. By posting spoilers like that in a thread where it is completely unrelated, without using spoiler tags, you are being just as much of a prick as the prick that spoiled the game for you. Well actually, I'd concede that you weren't being a prick if, as soon as someone notified you that your post might ruin the game for some, you'd just go "Oh crap, I didn't think about that", then you'd go and edit the post to spoiler tag the spoiler. Instead, you are trying to defend what you are doing, so actually, you are being just as much of a prick.

GribbleGrunger said:
Teeqoz said:

And now you are being just as much of a prick by posting it here....

FFS

Get out of here. It's been far too long to be using spoilers now. Mario rescues the princes by the way.

Bullshit. You spoilered this without using spoiler text. Saying everybody knows that is just wrong because many, many people didn't play the game by now (this includes a lot of people who own a PS3/PS4) and has nothing to do with Mario and the princess because you know that when the game starts so it's not the same as it is no spoiler and Mario games sold way more since ages on many systems than The last of us.

Teeqoz said:

What? What kind of logic is that? How on earth can you know about my intentions to play a game or not? And actually it's pretty easy to have "missed" it. I don't read or watch anything where it's obvious that spoilers for the game will be posted, and normally, people are cautious enough that when they decide to randomly post spoilers about a game, they use, you know, spoiler tags, because that's what they are made for.

I don't understand why you are arguing this. By posting spoilers like that in a thread where it is completely unrelated, without using spoiler tags, you are being just as much of a prick as the prick that spoiled the game for you. Well actually, I'd concede that you weren't being a prick if, as soon as someone notified you that your post might ruin the game for some, you'd just go "Oh crap, I didn't think about that", then you'd go and edit the post to spoiler tag the spoiler. Instead, you are trying to defend what you are doing, so actually, you are being just as much of a prick.

It's three years. NOBODY ever spoiler tags games after three years, hell, people don't even spoiler tag games after a year.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Teeqoz said:

It's three years. NOBODY ever spoiler tags games after three years, hell, people don't even spoiler tag games after a year.

Are you incapable of realizing that there may be people that intend to play the game (myself included) that haven't yet done so? And that your post will spoil the game for those people (as it already did for me)? Is it so hard for you to see this and just apoligize and edit in a spoiler tag, or are you seriously gonna continue trying to justify it?

Teeqoz said:

Are you incapable of realizing that there may be people that intend to play the game (myself included) that haven't yet done so? And that your post will spoil the game for those people (as it already did for me)? Is it so hard for you to see this and just apoligize and edit in a spoiler tag, or are you seriously gonna continue trying to justify it?

You're holding me to a standard that not ONE single person on ANY forum is adhering to. TLOU is being discussed openly EVERYWHERE. After recently just getting into a huge argument on GAF because some posters don't understand how they're spoiling UC4, it's an insult to consider me a prick, unless you think that the entire world is a prick for talking openly about the game. You've read it now so it makes no difference and to be honest, having played the game after that was told to me, it was absolutely the smallest spoiler the guy could have told me. It's literally the first thing you think when you play the game. I'm sorry that spoilt it for you but there comes a time when you don't use spoiler tags.

I'll be looking forward to your views on the game.

The PS5 Exists.