By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Nintendo joins the club of paid online multiplayer, how would you take it?

Don't really care for online multiplayer.

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
genderless Peach sex simulator

That sounds awesome!

EDIT: I'd probably get angry, but I've come to realize we live in a point on which we have to pay for everything, and certain things are the exception, not the rule.

I pay for xbox live because I want to play with my friends, but i certainly can't justify paying for ps+ on top of that, one is enough. If Nitnendo joined in I certainly wouldn't be paying for that one either.
Luckily nintendo still does local coop, which should cover me for all multiplayer nintendo games. If they drip that.... Well I think id throw quite the tantrum

well, would it just be for online multiplayer or would there be the other incentives also? because if Nintendo started offering 12-24 games for a $60 yearly subscription, i would definitely be on board with that

If they offered a service comparable to XBox Live or PSN then it seems fine for them to charge for it. This is what the market decided the fair value was.

Around the Network

Well then it will be like on my PS4. Very rarely playing online.

I don't like it but I know that sooner rather than later it'll have to happen.
For me it'd be ideal if people who payed for this service simply got the opportunity of playing on better servers that prevent any kind of lag/other problem as far as humanly possible, meanwhile people who don't want to pay for the service get to play on regular servers...

I wouldn't care that much, and I most likely won't pay for online if that's the case.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

A huge slap in the face to be honest unless it is optional unlike Microsoft and Sony. I don't play online that often anymore but when I do I'd rather not be forced to pay extra for it.

Nintendo would need to have a premium online service to get away with this, as it stands they're just lacking to far behind. If they go something like GOLD and Plus by giving away free games every month then that's a good starter, they also need some kind of trophy system.