By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why they have to launch zelda U and NX on the same day?

KLXVER said:
Wyrdness said:

Those people who are open will be watching and following news that's the whole point, people don't just stick to E3 anymore like you think those days are long over.

Those days are far from over. What makes you think that?

They're long over mate, why do you think more and more publishers and developers are skipping E3 and more and more are planning to start doing their own event, E3's days are numbered and it's thanks to the streaming platforms as well as the cost to be at E3. Not long ago we had news of another developer and publisher skipping E3.

People don't just stick to E3 anymore the are other events as well as companies doing their own.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
KLXVER said:

Those days are far from over. What makes you think that?

They're long over mate, why do you think more and more publishers and developers are skipping E3 and more and more are planning to start doing their own event, E3's days are numbered and it's thanks to the streaming platforms as well as the cost to be at E3. Not long ago we had news of another developer and publisher skipping E3.

People don't just stick to E3 anymore the are other events as well as companies doing their own.

When one of the big three are skipping it, then Ill agree with you.

I'm still trying to comprehend this delay, but so far the only theory I have is that nintendo is stupid and hates their customers.

KLXVER said:

When one of the big three are skipping it, then Ill agree with you.

One of the big 3 might be skipping it now, Nintendo stopped doing stage shows then moved all their content to the Treehouse now the is only going to be 1 playable game at E3.

op: i can explain it to you. I don't think you'll like it. If you are going to release a game on two consoles, it hurts the sales of the second release. Hype and anticipation is built into the release. Remember how ridiculous everyone thought it was that watch dogs released 6 months later on wii-u? Remember how annoyed people got with all the early gen ports of late last gen games (on non-nintendo consoles)? It's just bad news all the way around. Additionally, you will presumably still own a wii-u when it comes out and you will be able to talk to both types of owners about the game. In the end it's the best move. Helps keep out spoilers for those of us who choose to pick up an nx with the game.

Around the Network

If you're a Wii U owner at this point ... just be happy you're getting the game at all.

If NX were to launch any later, the Wii U version could go bye-bye or digital only.

Releasing first on Wii U wouldn't help the NX
Releasing with NX will help the NX.
Nintendo are done with the Wii U, they just need to get rid of stock.

Pavolink said:
97alexk said:

Maybe we still support them because we live in reality? maybe. i can wait, im patient. Aslong as the game releases idc. Now they have more time to work on the game and make it perfection. Every single hour, every single month extra of developing time, makes this more worthwhile imo. ANd when i know this i dont care.

Reality is that they are not working to make it a better game, they are working to make it run on another piece of hardware. Do you still don't care?

I think, that the work to put it on the NX isnt really that challenging. I think they have this time to make more fixes and bug free, and really making this game one of their best zelda games ever. I think this extra time is definetly worth while

Because they could make more sales that way? Or the think they can?

I honestly don't really know why :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I tell you what, you better not work on a game for 5-6 years with numerous delays and not release the game you delayed just for a simultaneous release on the same day.