By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why they have to launch zelda U and NX on the same day?

Pavolink said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I don't think that matters too much. What Nintendo wants for this year is for people to continue to buy wiiU and wiiU games. If they show off Zelda for the NX, then the wiiU sales would tank fully where as if they show off Zelda for the wiiU, then the wiiU sales would continue imo. So even if they are doing that TP nonsense with the wiiU and NX, as long as they promote the wiiU version until they announce the NX, then people should continue to buy wiiUs.

I doubt Nintendo wants the sales of the wiiU to drop until they are ready to go full NX. 9 Months is a very long time (from e3 announcement to NX launch)

800k forecasted for a full fiscal year is already a considerable drop.

Agreed but it would be even more of a drop than that. I am just trying to see what Nintendo's reasoning might be.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Pavolink said:

800k forecasted for a full fiscal year is already a considerable drop.

Agreed but it would be even more of a drop than that. I am just trying to see what Nintendo's reasoning might be.

Oh, I don't disagree with your reasoning. Of course they want to keep fooling people for the rest of the year. That's why the Wii U version will be the only one showed.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wyrdness said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah maybe... They should still show off some games for it though.

They are just not at E3 they have an event or ND planned later this year for NX as their President has indicated, this E3 is no doubt just for the last bits and bobs for 3DS and Wii U so the may not even be an E3 event planned. If NX has a particular concept or several concepts employed in its feature that they want to keep secret for now showing NX games could out those features for one.

Well that goes back to my original argument. Why not show them off at E3?

Captain_Yuri said:

Agreed but I think they still want to promote whatever games they got like Paper Mario and Zelda U

It would be a waste of money to promote Color Trash let's be honest. The way Nintendo announced it and how it wont be on the E3 floor makes it seem like they agree. As soon as NX is revealed probably Septemberish they're gonna put Zelda NX as the primary version. That's probably the reason why Zelda is their focus at E3, since they can't have the NX itself there this is the only other way to sorta promote it.

Pavolink said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Oh, I don't disagree with your reasoning. Of course they want to keep fooling people for the rest of the year. That's why the Wii U version will be the only one showed.

Nintendo did tweet to everyone that its coming to NX as well. 

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yeaa :T

Sighhhh. I hope Nintendo knows what they are doing cause if NX doesn't sell well, then its gonna be bad

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

t3mporary_126 said:
Pavolink said:

Nintendo did tweet to everyone that its coming to NX as well. 

A tweet missed by the mass market. The only covered version this summer will be the Wii U one and the one in mind by everyone will be that one.

Captain_Yuri said:
Pavolink said:

Yeaa :T

Sighhhh. I hope Nintendo knows what they are doing cause if NX doesn't sell well, then its gonna be bad

They are launching a new piece of hardware in march. 5 years ago the same disaster happend with their handheld. Missing the holidays was a mistake they learned and admitted months after. We know they don't know what they are doing anymore.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

KLXVER said:

Because E3 is no longer what it used to be that's why, more and more developers and publishers are skipping it, streaming technology today means anyone can host a big event equal or better dedicated to their own product look at SE with the FFXV event. A dedicated event ilater this year is likely considered a better option given the release date.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Agreed but I think they still want to promote whatever games they got like Paper Mario and Zelda U

It would be a waste of money to promote Color Trash let's be honest. The way Nintendo announced it and how it wont be on the E3 floor makes it seem like they agree. As soon as NX is revealed probably Septemberish they're gonna put Zelda NX as the primary version. That's probably the reason why Zelda is their focus at E3, since they can't have the NX itself there this is the only other way to sorta promote it.

Yea but are they just gonna spend 45 minutes or however long promoting one game and a couple of 3ds titles? I think taking a few minutes showing gameplay of color splash during their digital press conference wouldn't really cost much money and its essentially promotion.

Wyrdness said:
KLXVER said:

Because E3 is no longer what it used to be that's why, more and more developers and publishers are skipping it, streaming technology today means anyone can host a big event equal or better dedicated to their own product look at SE with the FFXV event. A dedicated event ilater this year is likely considered a better option given the release date.

Then they are going to get the usual Nintendo fans. Would be better to have it in an event where Sony and MS fans are watching as well. I dont care about FFXV and I didnt know that SE had an event about it...