By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Forecasts Only 800k Wii Us for Current Fiscal Year

Gamemaster87 said:
Kimishima said that production for the Wii U may end in the fiscal year ending March 2018. So obviouly production WON'T end this fiscal year.

Yeah they'll ship what ... 100,000 of them next fiscal year? lol. It's over. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212221

In other words ... the Wii U is basically going to be discontinued this fiscal year as Nintendo themselves only forecasts 800k in Wii U sales from April 2016-March 2017. Nikkei was pretty much correct again. 

It's dead boys, time to accept it. 

If you want one as a collectors item I'd sugget getting in on one soon. 

Firstly, it confirms that they constrain the supply (Apparently, not only in Japan) and maybe then what you say... (Since FY15 Q4) They have undershipped wii u... Pretty obvious, no need for explanation!

It seems like they don't want to give a last relatively decent year for wii u, they're probably ceasing  it, I can't believe that they expect drop from 3.2m to 800k because it's being replaced the next... Unless they really are, that would be stupid.

I wonder if there will be a demand way  higher than. will Nintendo  be willing to meet it?... I'm not optimistic that they will! So far, they haven't meet the  weekly demand in Japan...

Nintendo is extremely afraid of ending up with unsold invetory... Howbeit it seems wii u hasn't a lot of stock! They are almost on a state of selling what they are shipping...

By the way, wii u  stock  in Japan, was under 5k.... lol ( while it was at 60k and 100k after the holidays, usually )...  After the great holidays, which exceeded much Ninty's expectation, this sad situation...

They are leaving wii u with the horrible 13.8m... Not even surpass 15m ( which was possible), sorrow! No price drop. :@

Gamemaster87 said:
Kimishima said that production for the Wii U may end in the fiscal year ending March 2018. So obviouly production WON'T end this fiscal year.

Did he say that?

Then he has to explicate why they expect wii u shipments to drop so steeply, from 3.2m to 800k, this isn't normal even if console being replaced next year...

Thinks of that, 800k for the whole fiscal year ( with the almighty holidays ) is about what Nintendo shipped in FY15 Q2...

Holy crap it is going to be an horrible year for Nintendo... Nikkei was right and Nintendo lied to us...
There is literally no quality game to relase to release on Wii U this year...
And sales are going to be as terrible as never before...

Worst console I've ever owned. I enjoyed the vita far more.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Soundwave said:

This pretty much also likely seals it that the Wii U will finish its life cycle with about 13 million sold LTD, way short of even the GameCube.

Gamecube sold better but it was also really cheap. It hit $99 well before a new console was even being discussed.

Wii U is trying to compete at a price too close to its competitors.

Yet Gamecube had hardware that was on par with the  competition for that price, Wii-U is more on par with last gen and still very expensive. Hardware wise Wii-U is just terrible value.

Blob said:

My suggestion is to get a hold of wii u games you want now, and to pre-order tokyo mirage sessions If you're interested in it.

If there's no more hardware being made software will likely be hard to find as well.

Definitely, alot of the more obscure consoles and their games(relatively speaking) tend to become hard to obtain/expensive later down the line because the quantities sold initially were not high. A mildy successful PS2 game for example will be cheaper to buy now compared to a mildly successful Gamecube game.

So much for me thinking (around 2 years ago) it could at least match the GameCube´s numbers, what a train wreck of a system.The fall of Playstation during the transition between the PS2-PS3 generation was easy to understand, it basically came down to simple, pure arrogance (you know the whole "$599, will need a second job", plus the alien Cell architecture compared to the easy to develop for X360), whereas the fall of Nintendo in the Wii-WiiU transition is more like....what the fuck happened?

Soundwave said:
Gamemaster87 said:

Yeah they'll ship what ... 100,000 of them next fiscal year? lol. It's over. 

Of course it is over lol, their only major title left for the next 11 months is also coming to NX.

From the ones that brought to you a decade ago "How to take the world from the balls", it comes "How to sink your ship in less than a gen".

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile