By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which Will Be The First Game To Have 2 One Million Weeks?

ClaudeLv250 said:
Dragon Quest IX.

Monster Hunter 3, MGS4 = LOL!11

Yeah, I don't know if Leo-J was serious or not...

First week maybe, if the title's frontloaded. Otherwise, that's just silly. 

Around the Network

Only DQIX can

Ninja Bread Man II...

hahahahaha ok sorry. jk.

I would vote DQ9 since the DS has a huge userbase and it is a highly anticipated game.

It is really surprising that DQ7 did it on such a small userbase too. wow.

Yea if DQIX doesn't do it then nothing else will.

Japan only? Wow I guess that was one of the most pathetic posts I have posted on this site..

I meant world wide sales, therefore if we go to japan only it could be FF XIII but there s about a 10% chance of that occuring.

mM
Around the Network

I think part of it has to do with a game's launch date. If it launches the last day of a weekly reporting period then there's a much better chance of it showing two weeks of >1 million copies sold.

leo-j said:
Japan only? Wow I guess that was one of the most pathetic posts I have posted on this site..

I meant world wide sales, therefore if we go to japan only it could be FF XIII but there s about a 10% chance of that occuring.

Not Japan only, just in one region.

what about brawl? if it makes one million this week too, it could be that game... who knows?

I think the only way thats possible is if the game releases on friday and sells 1 million first day.

This is because the numbers end on Saturday so if it sells a million friday. It'll probably sell another million the next week cause its still brand new.

cebrian said:
what about brawl? if it makes one million this week too, it could be that game... who knows?

I doubt it, but it would be cool to see!

Oh, and to be fair, Dragon Quest VII was released on a Friday.