By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite game environments

The Picture City world from the first Rayman game is pretty great. Sky Sanctuary ( both versions) from Sonic Generations is also great. I agree with anyone who mentions Rapture from BioShock, as well.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

How could I forget this one:

Balamb Garden - Final Fantasy VIII

The most kickass military school ever conceived. As a kid I fantasized a lot about being a SEED member, or just chillin' around in this place. Too bad it never came true. :(

Eorzea, Final Fantasy XIV world. That whole world is just incredible, the amount of times I just stopped what I was doing so I could take in the shear beauty and detail that has been put into that games world. I've stopped playing it now since I had a daughter 2 years ago as I just didn't have the time anymore :( but I'll never forget that game, it was stunning, maybe one day I'll start my subscription back up again.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

There's this level on the first Max Payne called Aesir Corporation. It's one of my favorite levels on any videogame just because of how the building is from the inside.

Like it says here "sleek and sexy and soulless, all glass and steel..." It would be the building I'd order to make if I managed an evil corporation.

There's also Metropolis from the new and old Ratchet & Clank

What's there to say? it's a shame there wasn't that much of it in Tools of Destruction. I'm hopeful for a lot of Metropolis on the new R&C.

Rook islands,far cry 3.

I'm a sucker for jungles,forests and nature.

Los santos is also beautiful.

Around the Network

Red Dead Redemption - anywhere
Xenoblade Chronicles - Sword Valley at night, Makna Forest waterfalls
Twilight Princess - Lake Hylia, Gerudo Desert
Final Fantasy IX - anywhere
Dark Souls 2 - The Far Fire
Mario Galaxy 2 - those rhythm stages

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Snowpeak Ruins from Twilight Princess, Tallon IV from Metroid Prime and the entirety of Rapture from Bioshock 1 and 2 are my favourites.

Pretty much everywhere in a Vanillaware game.

I'm an idiot. How could I forget the Xenoblade games?

Gaur Plain

Makna Forest

Eryth Sea

Noctilum

Oblivia

Sylvalum

Cauldros

I'll try to add some more later.

Metroid Prime: Phendrana Drifts

And deep inside phendrana, the observatory (pretty cool area)

The legend of Zelda Skyward Sword: Skyloft (my favorie town of all zelda games)