By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite game environments

My jaw dropped when I saw this on the TV.

Around the Network
Mike321 said:

I'll try to add some more later.

Metroid Prime: Phendrana Drifts

And deep inside phendrana, the observatory (pretty cool area)

The legend of Zelda Skyward Sword: Skyloft (my favorie town of all zelda games)

How could I forget Skyward Sword? 

I love the game's visual style but my favorite area is Lanaryu Mines from what I have played so far (2/3 done I think).  Actually, the whole Lanaryu Desert region.  I love the timeshifting and the contrast between the ruins and the beautiful ancient magic-tech setting.  It's a really cool area. 

Nuvendil said:

I love the game's visual style but my favorite area is Lanaryu Mines from what I have played so far (2/3 done I think).  Actually, the whole Lanaryu Desert region.  I love the timeshifting and the contrast between the ruins and the beautiful ancient magic-tech setting.  It's a really cool area. 

God damn it, I forgot it too. I had Skyward Sword in mind (because I love that game), but didnt think of any area that was fantastic. But you just reminded me the desolate and lonely Lanayru Dessert. The Sand Sea is honestly my favourite environment in all of gaming, and it also has my favourite dungeon in a 3D Zelda (The Pirate Ship). And let's not forget the beatiful music...

Never thought and empty, dead land could be so gorgeous.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

First one that comes into my mind of course is Bioshock's setting, Rapture. So brilliantly designed, so immersive. The towering Big Daddies lumbering around, just so good.

If we're able to put forth specific levels from a game, I would offer up President's Run from Driver. An exhilarating romp through the city while being chased by loads of police cars all overpowered like crazy made for a hectic and very fun final mission.

Also, All Ghillied Up. Not only for the amazing atmosphere, but few people ever realized how open the level really was. There were rocket launchers in various buildings you could grab to blast your way through the level and destroy the convoy if you wanted.

Night Stalker, SOCOM. Maybe my favorite multiplayer map of all time in any game. I get angry just thinking about SOCOM. ITS STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT

Dead Space 1... Freaking Awesome!!

Castlevania SOTN Clock Tower... (THE SONG)!!!

Uncharted 2 THIS!!

All Mass effect 2 Planets!!

All The last of us!!

All Gears of war 1!!!

In Sony We Trust!

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

That area is so amazing! I love the whole timeshifting aspect because it sets up some great puzzles (and the music changes as well, that's so cool!)

cesarmgc said:

Dead Space 1... Freaking Awesome!!

Damn straight, kicking myself for forgetting this one. One of my favourite games of last gen, in large part to its wonderfully creepy and haunting setting.

Slarvax said:
Nuvendil said:

God damn it, I forgot it too. I had Skyward Sword in mind (because I love that game), but didnt think of any area that was fantastic. But you just reminded me the desolate and lonely Lanayru Dessert. The Sand Sea is honestly my favourite environment in all of gaming, and it also has my favourite dungeon in a 3D Zelda (The Pirate Ship). And let's not forget the beatiful music...

Never thought and empty, dead land could be so gorgeous.

Lanaryu Sand Sea is beautiful both thematically and musically, but its strongest element in my opinion is the Skipper's Retreat. Seeing his home filled with sand, his family lying around derelict, and the pictures on the wall of him and his crew with the note from them thanking him... man, for a game with no spoken dialogue is sure hits you in feels. There aren't many locations in a video game as poignant as that in my opinion.

curl-6 said:

Lanaryu Sand Sea is beautiful both thematically and musically, but its strongest element in my opinion is the Skipper's Retreat. Seeing his home filled with sand, his family lying around derelict, and the pictures on the wall of him and his crew with the note from them thanking him... man, for a game with no spoken dialogue is sure hits you in feels. There aren't many locations in a video game as poignant as that in my opinion.

Yeah. Lanyru itself is fantastic. It had the best puzzles, visuals (imo), characters, music, dungeons... it even had its own story and mini dungeons. Simple awesome.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:

curl-6 said:

Yeah. Lanyru itself is fantastic. It had the best puzzles, visuals (imo), characters, music, dungeons... it even had its own story and mini dungeons. Simple awesome.

Yeah, it was my favourite of the game's three main areas. I loved the time shift mechanic, and the Sand Ship was one of the best dungeons in the series in my opinion.