By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Target announces genderless bathrooms!

Robtommy34 said:
forbes.com/sites/lauraheller/2016/04/23/targets-transgender-bathroom-policy-makes-it-a-boycott-target/#323e6c781e50

Here is the Forbes article, and succinctly; it states that transgender people are allowed to use the restroom that they feel the most comfortable in using. I support this, as moving to a society more free of discrimination and toward liberal values is a good thing. Also, if what people are worried about happens, if you have some of these perverts that try to peep on the peeing women, and it happens too often, Target can always reverse it's position. It's just a company's stance, not a societal level of change.

I think most of us are pretty liberal on social issues. Our concern has always been creepy guys and if this decision was left to women the majority probably dont want to shit with men.

Its not about discriminating trangenders, its about men statisiticially being more creepy than women.

Men dont care about shitting with women. But they dont want to be in our restrooms unless theirs is full.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

That's parents. I'm concerned about my wife going into the bathroom and some 350 pound rapist goes in there after her. There comes a point when, regardless of your opinion or beliefs (or lack thereof), we have to weigh which rights are MORE important.

The rights for freedom (choosing bathrooms or abortion for your own convenience/desire, for example) or the rights of safety/life (my wife's safety from rapists or a babies right to life, for example).

We HAVE to prioritize otherwise we risk harm and death in the hope of achieving more comfort for a incredibly specific and small portion of the human population.

Someone has already said it, but yeah, rapers are not going to care if they are entering to the incorrect bathroom. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

It's quite simple. The idea that someone can just fucking shout "I IDENTIFY AS A WOMAN" when he's really a guy and walk into a females bathroom legally... is bullshit. There's no proof. There's no way to prove anyone actually does. Any perv, pedo, or predator can just "say" that and then go into a bathroom, where there are no cameras, no security... nothing... it's dangerous beyond belief.

It will NOT happen for very long, because the lawsuits will prevent it. As they should.

I'd say that this is a classic example of the Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc Fallacy, except that Target sales aren't even down and Forbes credits inclusiveness as good for business.

I think the OP is actually trying to say "I reject your reality and substitute my own". (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IRejectYourReality)

forget it, time to just ride out the storm and see where things go.... *grabs popcorn*

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

It's quite simple. The idea that someone can just fucking shout "I IDENTIFY AS A WOMAN" when he's really a guy and walk into a females bathroom legally... is bullshit. There's no proof. There's no way to prove anyone actually does. Any perv, pedo, or predator can just "say" that and then go into a bathroom, where there are no cameras, no security... nothing... it's dangerous beyond belief.

It will NOT happen for very long, because the lawsuits will prevent it. As they should.

What? Target didn't change the law! hahaha! There are most states have no laws about bathroom usage and even those that do rarely make a thing out of it unless someone is causing a problem.

Any perv, pedo, or predator can just walk into a womens bathroom. They don't have bouncers. 

This is an interesting line of thought though...gun laws don't make sense, because criminals don't follow them, Bathroom signs though, you don't mess with bathroom signs.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

What? Target didn't change the law! hahaha! There are most states have no laws about bathroom usage and even those that do rarely make a thing out of it unless someone is causing a problem.

Any perv, pedo, or predator can just walk into a womens bathroom. They don't have bouncers. 

This is an interesting line of thought though...gun laws don't make sense, because criminals don't follow them, Bathroom signs though, you don't mess with bathroom signs.

You are spreading the good word in this thread. Thank you. (Like, legitimately, not sarcasm here!)

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Normchacho said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Again, there is no way to prove anyone "identifies" as something they're not. That's why the whole thing is one big joke and won't last long.

I remember in the 70's having friends of my parents come back from other countries and talk about gender-less bathroom. They say you just get used to it.

Personally, not a fan of anyone hanging out too closely when I'm going, so really doesn't matter to me which gender it is. Just keep your hands and thoughts to yourself.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

spurgeonryan said:

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/04/24/dad-takes-daughter-to-target-to-confront-manager-about-bathroom-policy-what-he-does-next-goes-viral-332627

So I was wondering why we were up in sales today by almost double. We were struggling to keep up.

There is no problem with what Target did, other than they forget there are still creeps out there that will take advantage of this. Some pedo will dress up and go in these bathrooms. How can people let their daughters use these bathrooms now and feel safe?

If target wanted to take a stance they ahiuld have ooened up a separate unisex bathroom. This PR will miss will take them a long time to fix. 

Thoughts?

No bias, derogatory, predjudice comments will be allowed.

Dude... haven't you worked in retail for like 5 years or something?  Haven't you had days that are just unusually busy without having anything to do with transgendered people?  Cause that shit happened all the time to me.