By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Target announces genderless bathrooms!

Normchacho said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It's quite simple. The idea that someone can just fucking shout "I IDENTIFY AS A WOMAN" when he's really a guy and walk into a females bathroom legally... is bullshit. There's no proof. There's no way to prove anyone actually does. Any perv, pedo, or predator can just "say" that and then go into a bathroom, where there are no cameras, no security... nothing... it's dangerous beyond belief.

It will NOT happen for very long, because the lawsuits will prevent it. As they should.

What? Target didn't change the law! hahaha! There are most states have no laws about bathroom usage and even those that do rarely make a thing out of it unless someone is causing a problem.

Any perv, pedo, or predator can just walk into a womens bathroom. They don't have bouncers. 

This is an interesting line of thought though...gun laws don't make sense, because criminals don't follow them, Bathroom signs though, you don't mess with bathroom signs.

They have those little white stick figures on the door.  You don't fuck with those stick figures.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Dunban67 said:

its my understanding that, accoding to their policy you use the bathroom you identify with at that time-   

that is the only way they could really enact that type of policy-   its not just "a man wearing a dress'  

if a guy "dressed, loking and acting" like a uy walks into the womens room-  who is to say he isnt feeling like a women that day? once you open that door i don t see any way you can dictate who uses which bathroom if someone decides to use "the wrong" b room

so your wife, mom, sister, daughter walks in and a man walks in behind them, how does anyone judge what gender that person identifies w that day

THE tARGET POLICY IS moronic-

its going to cost them business-    there will be more incedents of harrasement and percieved harrasment than previous and there will def be some physical altercations-    your 5 yr old daughter goes to the ladies room and  a creepy looking guy tries to walk in behnd her-  what are you going to do?

So what happens if there's a male pedophile behind your 5 year old son in the men's bathroom? What are you going to do then? 

What happens if there's a "man" (technically) who looks 100% like a woman that walks into the men's bathroom and now your son is asking why is there a woman in the washroom? Is that any better of a situation? Or should transgender people just not pee ever in public? 

they go to the bathroom of the sx on their birth certificate- 

So you just want to make it easier for peeping toms, pedo s and sexual predators, among others to enter whatever bathroom they feel like that day

at least (until recently)  if a man walked into a womens room it would draw attention and the proprietor of the bldging, or school or hospital etc cpould legally remove the guy if needed and both men and women would AT least make others aware there was a aman n the ladies room or more likley see that he exits it ASAP-   now  it s jut going to be "open door"  

additonally, when i am w my Son i can comfortably enter the mens room w him or at any point if i feel needed-  but w  my daughter,  i do not feel like it is "ok" to enter w her -    so yes i am much more comfortable knowing if there is another person in there that it is a lady

your example is like telling a large retail store to not wrry about loss prevention measures because people shop lift anyway-  

JWeinCom said:
Normchacho said:

What? Target didn't change the law! hahaha! There are most states have no laws about bathroom usage and even those that do rarely make a thing out of it unless someone is causing a problem.

Any perv, pedo, or predator can just walk into a womens bathroom. They don't have bouncers. 

This is an interesting line of thought though...gun laws don't make sense, because criminals don't follow them, Bathroom signs though, you don't mess with bathroom signs.

They have those little white stick figures on the door.  You don't fuck with those stick figures.

If a man was seen walking into an occupied womens room it would bring attention in most communittties quickly-  most women would be none too happy and would let the guy know-  if a man was seen repeatly walking into a womens room in most communitties someone would call the police-  that is if various men in the vicinty did not throw him out phyically 1st-   

in a public place those signs are pretty meaningful- otherwise 99.9% of the time men would not enter the mens room and woemn the womens room as they have been doing for many years

Both my University and now my workplace have genderless toilets, and have had them for many years now. (Hell, when I visited my Uni on a science camp back in 2005 they already had them)

I have never heard any complaints, nor of any lawsuits.

I just think of Southpark when Cartman pretended to "identify" as a woman so he could take massive shits in the girls bathroom.

South Park will always remind us there are people that will abuse the system.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
JWeinCom said:

If a man was seen walking into an occupied womens room it would bring attention in most communittties quickly-  most women would be none too happy and would let the guy know-  if a man was seen repeatly walking into a womens room in most communitties someone would call the police-  that is if various men in the vicinty did not throw him out phyically 1st-   

in a public place those signs are pretty meaningful- otherwise 99.9% of the time men would not enter the mens room and woemn the womens room as they have been doing for many years

In your situations, the signs aren't doing shit.  People are being vigilant.  And people can still be vigilant.  If there are people around who are as concerned as you say, then a person shouldn't be getting away with anything sketchy regardless of what target says. 

Dulfite said:
SuperNova said:
If the toilet is gender neutral, than protective Dad dude should have absolutely no problem with this policy. If he's really that worried about lurking creeps spying on his daughter in the Bathroom he can always just go with her.
I don't know how it's handled in america but over here it's pretty commenplace to see parents (reagrdless of gender) in either restroom with their children (also regardless of gender).
It's also pretty common to see girls in the guys restroom if the line for the girls room is too long and no one bats an eye. (Vice versa is more uncommon because usually there never a line in front of the mens restroom, but I've seen it happen at small venues as well.)
This shouldn't be an issue.

That's parents. I'm concerned about my wife going into the bathroom and some 350 pound rapist goes in there after her. There comes a point when, regardless of your opinion or beliefs (or lack thereof), we have to weigh which rights are MORE important.

The rights for freedom (choosing bathrooms or abortion for your own convenience/desire, for example) or the rights of safety/life (my wife's safety from rapists or a babies right to life, for example).

We HAVE to prioritize otherwise we risk harm and death in the hope of achieving more comfort for a incredibly specific and small portion of the human population.

Thing about that is, if anything, the laws in NC made such a scenario so much easier for actual perpetrators now. These laws force people who look, sound, walk and probably use the loo like men use the womens toilet (and the opposite for transgender women in the mens one). Perpetrators don't go through great lenghs to commit their crimes, they commit them where and when it's convinient. And it's much more convinient to pretend you're a transgender man as a male than it is to pretend you're a transgender women.

Genderless or unisex bathrooms on the other hand solve that issue because, since everyone can go there, who's to stop you and an couple security guys to go in as well and check on your wife and her would be rapist? That's right, no one.

And as others have pointed out a stick figure sign is not usually deter a rapist. A restroom full of suspicious women might, but since seeing perfectly male looking guys in the womens restroom should be an expected occurence now, it makes it easier for the hypothetical perpetrators.

I'm sorry if I sound neglegent on the issue, but as someone who has used mens, womens, unisex and even group restrooms I don't see the issue. (and yes, the group one was wierd, but you get used to it)

I believe that Target is going about this the right way. They made the decision themselves. I think Ron Paul said it best. The government shouldn't have the right to tell owners of private property who can and can't use their bathrooms. It should be up to the businesses to decide for themselves how their bathrooms should be managed. If the consumer is dissatisfied with the bathroom situation, they can choose to take their business elsewhere. If enough people dislike the bathrooms at a particular place and decide not to shop there, then the business will change its policy.

So in short, let the market decide and let the consumer decide.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Finally. The search for the ever always clean never reeking toilet is over.

Hunting Season is done...

i just find it amusing that many of the same people pushing the idea of a rape culture are pushing for genderless bathrooms