By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Adam Levine puts on his greatest performance in purple rain tribute to prince

R.I.P. Prince

You would've been proud of Adam here. He as definitely feeling your music as one can see here clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w2lNpixqOc

Around the Network

I've never heard of that song before. The only prince song I know is the most beautiful girl in the world.

Never heard purple rain either.... had to youtube and compaire both.
Adam really changed the song.
He sings it very differntly than Prince does and not really in a better way imo.

Never heard the song before, listend to both, and I think princes version sounds better.

If anybody wants to know Prince's story I recommend watching Purple Rain movie. 

View on YouTube

160rmf said:
Soundwave said:

Star Fox being Nintendo's "big game" of the year ... lets be real ... Nintendo called off the horses on the Wii U a long time ago.

Star Fox, Devil's Third, Mario Tennis, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival are just filler titles to ride the Wii U out, you'll notice Nintendo did not develop any of these games internally by themselves they're all farmed out.

It's only a small handful of posters here that are naively clinging to the hope that Wii U has any real future left, most of us have accepted the truth.

Right now Nintendo is just like a star athlete who's playing the game at half speed because his team is losing by 50 points and there's no point in getting hurt in the process.

I get the point that you're trying to make and I agree with you. But the way you listed the games, comparing SF0 to mario tennis, devil's third and amiibo festival, like that you're trying to put them on the same level. That feels wrong to me.

Pokken, TLoZ:TPHD and Star Fox Zero, while they not scream "BEST GAME EVAH" for many, they are all solid games, not mere fillers like the ones that you listed.

Lawlight said:
I've never heard of that song before. The only prince song I know is the most beautiful girl in the world.

Dude....you missed out on one of the most influential artists of all time. Thats like saying you've never heard a Beatles, Elton John or Michael Jackson album (while only getting a quick listen to one of their known songs). They were some of the most well known artists of their generation, but Prince was known for his versatility vocally and in the studio with guitar and synth. Dude was just a walking experiement. 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
He sings it very differntly than Prince does and not really in a better way imo.

Never heard the song before, listend to both, and I think princes version sounds better.

Of course, he cannot compare to prince, but covers should always represent the artist who is paying homage to the classic. This definitely showed a side of adam that most do not get to see.

That was great. Thanks for sharing

Prince doesnt like Adam Levine

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JRPGfan said:

Of course, he cannot compare to prince, but covers should always represent the artist who is paying homage to the classic. This definitely showed a side of adam that most do not get to see.

Quite right.  Any artist will always want to do things the way they want to do them, that's the essence of creativity; being able and free to express yourself however you like.  

There is no need to emulate an artists style in a tribute, just play the dead artists songs and talk about his life, hopefully about good works accomplished or things that they made better, or people that were influenced heavily by the artist.  

Springsteen did a Purple Rain tribute in Brooklyn last night as well:

View on YouTube