Forums - Music Discussion - Adam Levine puts on his greatest performance in purple rain tribute to prince

Springsteen did a Purple Rain tribute in Brooklyn last night as well:

View on YouTube

Around the Network

Well since that performance is from 2014 its actually just a cover and not a tribute.

kowenicki said:
Lawlight said:
I've never heard of that song before. The only prince song I know is the most beautiful girl in the world.

WHAT!?

The youth of today.... sigh.

Go listen to Sign o the times, Gold, Lets go crazy, When Doves Cry, Cream, Raspberry Beret and his (live) version of his own song Nothing Compares 2 U immediately!  This will show you how diiverse this little genius was.

He actually needs to listen to the entire Purple Rain album since that was his best album and pretty much all the songs on it are great.  The only song on it that might not be that great is Computer Blue.

Vasto said:

If anybody wants to know Prince's story I recommend watching Purple Rain movie. 

View on YouTube

This!  Such a raw movie.

I remember always hearing eletric guitars different after watching this movie.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I was never in to Maroon 5, so when I hear "Adam Levine" I often get him mixed up with Adam Devine or Ken Levine.

Still, decent cover of an excellent song. I remember listening to Prince's music back in the 80s when he was still a relatively new musical superstar.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Lawlight said:
I've never heard of that song before. The only prince song I know is the most beautiful girl in the world.

WHAT!?

The youth of today.... sigh.

Go listen to Sign o the times, Gold, Lets go crazy, When Doves Cry, Cream, Raspberry Beret and his (live) version of his own song Nothing Compares 2 U immediately!  This will show you how diiverse this little genius was.

Amazing songs...