By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 11th - 17th

Ka-pi96 said:
tbone51 said:

No its just you........ Sales have never been better. Only thing horrible is minecraft and splatoon. Cant even sell 10k a week.. Bomba

Oh, I was actually referring to hardware sales. Never even looked at software

Well do you think that the 3DS which is 5 years old and have already sold over 20mil in Japan still managed to keep up with the PS4 is bad this week? Or were you expecting it to get over 20-25k? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Holy shit!!!!

Despite the doubters, ps4 remains above 20k for another week. It's really carrying the Japan hardware industry right now. What a beast!

On Famitsu it extends it's YTD lead over the 3DS. Incredible.

Ps4 also the only console which is up YOY. Nice.

Boutros said:
I'm pretty impressed to see the PS4 still above 20k. We were told it would be 15k by now :p
There are a couple of weeks in May where it will reach that though.

So, you too predicted PS4 to be under 20K by now. We were both wrong. :p

We were both right. It's obvius that PS4 is dropped, and of course it won't stop here. Could have somme kinda of boost during golden week and Uncharted release, but with this trend a 15K basis seem legit.

tbone51 said:
Jranation said:

Isn't Pokemon a JRPG? 

Yeap, and the game with one of the best legs is a jrpg too though its thanks to the anime for its legs :o

Even if you wanted to count Pokemon and Yokai Watch as JRPGs (I sure as hell don't), they're outliers of the market. You don't use two of most popular IPs in the industry as the standard for the genre.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:

Yeap, and the game with one of the best legs is a jrpg too though its thanks to the anime for its legs :o

Even if you wanted to count Pokemon and Yokai Watch as JRPGs (I sure as hell don't), they're outliers of the market. You don't use two of most popular IPs in the industry as the standard for the genre.

What do you count them as, since you do not count them as JRPGs? 

However I know JRPGs do have big drops, I was more commenting on it not having huge opening and than have huge drop. Most bigger franchise JRPGs (Which Star Ocean would be part of) have bigger openings. 

Around the Network

Aren't JRPGs, Japanese RPGs? XD. If that's the definition, Pokémon would be definitely a JRPG! Though I definitely say it's just "Pokémon".

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 27 July 2018

OttoniBastos said:

There is an endless debate on internet about whether a jRPG is defined by where it was made(Japan) or what kind of rpg it is.

For instance,some people say Dark souls and Dragon's dogma are wRPGs made by japanese developers because this games have the typical tolkien-ish world style you usually associate with wRPG.

In the end is a matter of terminology, which is boring if taken serious imo. Each game is what it is and there's no need for labels I think. 

JRPG = RPG made in japan

If ps4 goes down to 15k in June / July that's not actually it's baseline. That's the summer drought baseline. It has a holiday baseline, a spring baseline and then the overall yearly baseline.

I find it hilarious when people pick the summer drought baseline to say a console is doing bad. That argument makes no sense.

Anyway most thought it would have dropped below 20k by now so I'm glad it hasn't and I'm happy to see the ps4 is the only console that has managed a YOY weekly increase this week plus it's up a very good 33% on the corresponding week last year.