By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I don't want Super Laggy Bros for Wii U to come to Codename NX

KLXVER said:
I don't want them to port any WiiU game to the NX...

Ideally imo I would personally want the NX to be backwards compatable with the Wii U. Of course this is seeming less and less likely due to speculation/rumors of what to expect. In the case of no BC I would be okay with the "Nintendo's greatests hits" of Wii U ports onto the NX. But of course we don't know anything until Nintendo finally gives us the sweet release of E3.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The biggest reasons Wii U failed is for reasons outside of software. So bring that strong software to NX so it has strong software at launch. As opposed to the usual mediocre launch content.

So port WiiU games to the NX in order to get the people who didnt buy the WiiU to buy the NX...? You see no problem here?

The NX is not going to be an extremely powerful console with amazing third party support. Thats just not what Nintendo is about anymore. Its going to be a console as strong as the PS4 at the most with decent third party support...if we are lucky.

You hate the WiiU because its not very powerful, has a weird controller or doesnt have enough games? Well then you wont like the NX.

Nintendo is hoping the NX will gain a userbase larger than Wii U has, ports means notable games to an audience that missed them on Wii U. I'm not sure why I need to elaborate that point. You seem to think I'm saying the NX should rely only on ports?

You're putting words in my mouth, I didn't say I hate Wii U and I'm not arguing about specs. The biggest issue with Wii U is the tablet control is a bad gimmick and it made the console too expensive. If the Wii U stuck with Wiimotes it would have been more successful thanks to price alone.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
KLXVER said:

So port WiiU games to the NX in order to get the people who didnt buy the WiiU to buy the NX...? You see no problem here?

The NX is not going to be an extremely powerful console with amazing third party support. Thats just not what Nintendo is about anymore. Its going to be a console as strong as the PS4 at the most with decent third party support...if we are lucky.

You hate the WiiU because its not very powerful, has a weird controller or doesnt have enough games? Well then you wont like the NX.

Nintendo is hoping the NX will gain a userbase larger than Wii U has, ports means notable games to an audience that missed them on Wii U. I'm not sure why I need to elaborate that point. You seem to think I'm saying the NX should rely only on ports?

You're putting words in my mouth, I didn't say I hate Wii U and I'm not arguing about specs. The biggest issue with Wii U is the tablet control is a bad gimmick and it made the console too expensive. If the Wii U stuck with Wiimotes it would have been more successful thanks to price alone.

Im not putting words in your mouth. Im talking about peope who hate the WiiU. You on the other hand seem certain that Nintendo has learned their lesson from the WiiU. I think they have learned a couple of lessons from the WiiU and that is that it wasnt as casual friendly as the Wii or as successful as it. The NX will be more casual friendly. Thats just a given at this point.

KLXVER said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Im not putting words in your mouth. Im talking about peope who hate the WiiU. You on the other hand seem certain that Nintendo has learned their lesson from the WiiU. I think they have learned a couple of lessons from the WiiU and that is that it wasnt as casual friendly as the Wii or as successful as it. The NX will be more casual friendly. Thats just a given at this point.

Oh, I see. I'm saying the problem with Wii U's control is it made the console too expensive and didn't appeal to casual gamers. Like I said before, they should have stuck with Wiimotes and it would have kept the price down.

Regardless what direction Wii U goes I'm sure they are aiming for larger audience and having that content people missed on Wii U would be good for the NX launch. Releasing ports at a discounted price like $30 - $40 would go over well, even avid Nintendo fans would double dip if there are improvments.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
KLXVER said:

Oh, I see. I'm saying the problem with Wii U's control is it made the console too expensive and didn't appeal to casual gamers. Like I said before, they should have stuck with Wiimotes and it would have kept the price down.

Regardless what direction Wii U goes I'm sure they are aiming for larger audience and having that content people missed on Wii U would be good for the NX launch. Releasing ports at a discounted price like $30 - $40 would go over well, even avid Nintendo fans would double dip if there are improvments.

Maybe, but the audience from the Wii that loved Wii Sports and maybe even Mario Kart Wii is not going to jump into Splatoon or Super Smash Bros. Im not sure what will give Nintendo a bigger userbase at this point. I think their reputation of being for kids are hurting them more than any controller gimmick or outdated hardware.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Maybe, but the audience from the Wii that loved Wii Sports and maybe even Mario Kart Wii is not going to jump into Splatoon or Super Smash Bros. Im not sure what will give Nintendo a bigger userbase at this point. I think their reputation of being for kids are hurting them more than any controller gimmick or outdated hardware.

I'd argue trying to aim for a core audience hurt them more then their family friendly reputation.

People don't mind the "outdated hardware" as long as the price is good. Specs like Wii U should be $149-199, not $299.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
KLXVER said:

They can make them available through the VC. Thats enough.

That's a viable option for some games ASSUMING it has BC and they work fine with the NX controller.

A game like Splatoon would have to be a port though because that game was designed for the Wii U tablet.

You haven't really thought this through.

Well. Nothings stopping the Wii U pad to operate on the NX.

I just want a new SSB for NX. I have a deep disdain for SSBU/3DS. Hopefully it'll be better

No one in the year and a half it has been out has had really anything to say about it (yes I've experienced lag, but only just about as much as I ever had on any console and any other fighting game). If you have a bad lag problem that's pretty persistent, its probably your internet connection in which I would advise you to get the usb add on for a hardline connection.

archer9234 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

That's a viable option for some games ASSUMING it has BC and they work fine with the NX controller.

A game like Splatoon would have to be a port though because that game was designed for the Wii U tablet.

You haven't really thought this through.

Well. Nothings stopping the Wii U pad to operate on the NX.

That's only one issue, we aren't sure if NX will support Wii U software at all.

Recently Completed