By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can The Legend of Zelda: (U/NX) Sell Close to 10mil Lifetime? (or More)

oniyide said:
can we all agree at least, that its kinda silly that we dont even have a real title

Yeah, it's ridiculous.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Lol, you saying Zelda need to have marketing push like Destiny, of course that don't need to have marketing of that scope, but of course that needs and will have strong marketing. Nintendo always have strong and great marketing for 3D Zelda games, and especially now when Zelda U will be one of most important launch titles for brand new platform.

Not necessarily on par with Destiny, but it has to reach beyond just E3/Directs and reach people who don't already follow Nintendo. And I don't recall Skyward Sword having particularly good marketing to be honest, they should aim to do better than that.

Honestly though, 10 million on NX/Wii U is out of reach no matter how well they market it.

Like wrote, definitely will have strong marketing. I remember some Skyward Sword commercials with Robin and Zelda Williams, but most likely it will have even stronger marketing because its launch title also.

I also dont think 10m is realistic, but IMO 7-8m is definitely possible and I am certain it will be at least 5m+.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Not necessarily on par with Destiny, but it has to reach beyond just E3/Directs and reach people who don't already follow Nintendo. And I don't recall Skyward Sword having particularly good marketing to be honest, they should aim to do better than that.

Honestly though, 10 million on NX/Wii U is out of reach no matter how well they market it.

Like wrote, definitely will have strong marketing. I remember some Skyward Sword commercials with Robin and Zelda Williams, but most likely it will have even stronger marketing because its launch title also.

I also dont think 10m is realistic, but IMO 7-8m is definitely possible and I am certain it will be at least 5m+.

I still think Skyward Sword could have been much more thoroughly promoted. I remember at the time being surprised that they didn't push it harder.

But yeah, 7 million is reachable, I agree on that.

oniyide said:
can we all agree at least, that its kinda silly that we dont even have a real title

Waiting for the apologists to explain us how this is good and announcing the title or showing the game won't fit in their sweet dreams of not knowing anything and buying blindly, even if they have the option to just ignore the media.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

oniyide said:

This is good, because this way we won't know anything about the game and it will maximize the enjoyement when we'll buy it blindly.

Around the Network
Wright said:
oniyide said:

This is good, because this way we won't know anything about the game and it will maximize the enjoyement when we'll buy it blindly.

Well then why would even the people on media blackout want to know what the name is and what systems it will be for? (And yes I know it's a joke comment.)

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Lol, you saying Zelda need to have marketing push like Destiny, of course that don't need to have marketing of that scope, but of course that needs and will have strong marketing. Nintendo always have strong and great marketing for 3D Zelda games, and especially now when Zelda U will be one of most important launch titles for brand new platform.

Especially being due to the fact that NX will likely only be successful if the market is flooded with games for the NX. A cross gen will likely look like the least attractive game to buy.

bigtakilla said:

Well then why would even the people on media blackout want to know what the name is and what systems it will be for? (And yes I know it's a joke comment.)

Because it's different to buy a game you don't know anything about than purchasing a console to purchase a game you don't know anything about.

Wright said:
bigtakilla said:

Because it's different to buy a game you don't know anything about than purchasing a console to purchase a game you don't know anything about.

Well played sir!

I wanna meet the people who are out here buying games blindly, i havent done that since I was a kid I wonder what an adult's excuse is?