By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

Mlb did well for 1 week. Should chart in April too along with Ratchet and Clank and Quantum Break. Making at least 3 1st party games in the top 10.

Around the Network
poklane said:
“In March, global hours spent gaming on Xbox One increased 89 percent compared to last year. Xbox Live engagement was driven by the greatest games lineup, including new titles released in March like ‘Killer Instinct: Season 3’ and ‘Tom Clancy’s The Division.’ ‘Killer Instinct: Season 3’ has seen record engagement across Xbox One and Windows 10 since it launched on March 29, making March the best month ever for the franchise with more than 6 million unique players.Last week, on April 5, we launched ‘Quantum Break’ to critical acclaim and it became the best-selling Xbox game around the world, and is now the biggest-selling new Microsoft Studios published IP this generation. We can’t thank our fans enough for their continued support and we’re looking forward to bringing more unprecedented experiences on Xbox One, Windows 10 and Xbox Live later this year.”
http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/14/march-2016-npd-division-zelda/

I really am cringing with this Microsoft PR. Either way, Microsoft's poor strategy for the gaming brand is probably the reason sales are piss poor compared to what they should be. But at this point, they're just shooting off the toe's of a dead foot. Terrible job Microsoft.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Bandorr said:
poklane said:
“In March, global hours spent gaming on Xbox One increased 89 percent compared to last year. Xbox Live engagement was driven by the greatest games lineup, including new titles released in March like ‘Killer Instinct: Season 3’ and ‘Tom Clancy’s The Division.’ ‘Killer Instinct: Season 3’ has seen record engagement across Xbox One and Windows 10 since it launched on March 29, making March the best month ever for the franchise with more than 6 million unique players.Last week, on April 5, we launched ‘Quantum Break’ to critical acclaim and it became the best-selling Xbox game around the world, and is now the biggest-selling new Microsoft Studios published IP this generation. We can’t thank our fans enough for their continued support and we’re looking forward to bringing more unprecedented experiences on Xbox One, Windows 10 and Xbox Live later this year.”
http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/14/march-2016-npd-division-zelda/

Is quantum break actually the best-selling xbox game around the world? Last I heard it It did well in UK and thats it.

Also isn't the only other new Microsoft Studios published IP this generation - ori and the blind forest?

I do find it funny that they are including "the division" in their PR statement even though it sold better on the ps4.

To the bold parts: Knowing Microsoft they probably mean in Quantum Break's launch week. Microsoft's PR statements can be absolutely incredible sometimes.

Also, Microsoft considers Zoo Tycoon, Ryse and Sunset Overdrive new MS Studios IPs.

Just about every multiplat game is now selling better on PS4. CoD already does with bundles and probably will sell best this year with or without bundles. (Considering the install base will be larger and the previous bundle owners buying the single Cod sku by itself on PS4)

RolStoppable said:
BraLoD said:

Hard to tell.

I wouldn't expect anything else from you, BraLoD. PS4 is the most popular video game system in Japan, right?

in the last couple of weeks the ps4 was the most popular video game system in japan.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Sprash said:

in the last couple of weeks the ps4 was the most popular video game system in japan.

Are you BraLoD's bodyguard?

Bodyguard? just wanted to inform you that in the last couple of weeks the ps4 was the most popular video game system in japan or is that wrong? Did I made a mistake :/

Pokken might outsell sfv by every region at this rate. Lets see if pokken did 200k first

RolStoppable said:
Sprash said:

Bodyguard? just wanted to inform you that in the last couple of weeks the ps4 was the most popular video game system in japan or is that wrong? Did I made a mistake :/

You made me curious, so I checked the most recent Media Create thread. The 3DS was #1.

That aside though, BraLoD's post on the matter in the Famitsu Most Wanted thread was full of questionable wishy-washy reasoning. Of course it was going to get mocked.

You mean the latest mediacreate / Famitsu / Dengeki thread and 2 of the 3 trackers gave the ps4 yet another win.  

Edit @blood tears.  Up your game dude,  you been Ninja'd by a waddling Kerotan! 

RolStoppable said:
Sprash said:

You made me curious, so I checked the most recent Media Create thread. The 3DS was #1.

That aside though, BraLoD's post on the matter in the Famitsu Most Wanted thread was full of questionable wishy-washy reasoning. Of course it was going to get mocked.

No actually, Media Create has 3DS on top but Famitsu as well as Dengeki have PS4 on top for last week.

GribbleGrunger said:

Wow!! 

Ps4 dominating the software.  

Pleasantly surprised MLB could beat Pokken.  Didn't expect that.  

GTAV is a monster. Came out in 2013 and it's still #4 LMAO. what a game. 

And The Division selling best on PS4 despite the marketing deal.  

Far cry primal with surprisingly good legs too. 

Happy out :)