By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 'Captain America: Civil War' Review Thread - 90% RT/75 MC score - WW BO = $991.0M/DOM = $314.2M

I enjoyed it and my highlight was Ant-Man. Felt like I how I would be geeking out about being next to Captain America and feeling those shoulders.

"Here's your shield Captain America!"

Great in the midst of all the serious Winter Soldier and Civil War drama have mix of fun characters. I'm really excited to see Ant-Man and Wasp movie.

Around the Network
Nymeria said:
I enjoyed it and my highlight was Ant-Man.

The first majority of the movie was lacking some of the Marvel humour charm to it, yet his arrival put it over the top. They kept the the feel of his movie in his scenes which was very well done.

Hmm, pie.

It was really great! But Spider-Man isn't as great as people say. Tobey still king.

Boutros said:
It was really great! But Spider-Man isn't as great as people say. Tobey still king.

Nah mate, this Spidey was da best.

Or maybe I need to rewatch the first two Tobey Spideys... hmmm.... Now I know what to do!

Boutros said:

This Peter felt like a nerdy kid from Queens instead of bumbling kid from Ohio.  In the limited time he had Tom Holland captured more of the energy and fun than Tobey ever did for me.  It also doesn't hurt that special effects are to the point Spider-Man moves and looks more natural and less plastic.

I'll make my final judgment after Homecoming next year.

Around the Network

It dropped 60% on its 2nd week-end in Australia so next week the theatres should be the time when the theatres aren't packed.

Nymeria said:
Boutros said:

This Peter felt like a nerdy kid from Queens instead of bumbling kid from Ohio.  In the limited time he had Tom Holland captured more of the energy and fun than Tobey ever did for me.  It also doesn't hurt that special effects are to the point Spider-Man moves and looks more natural and less plastic.

I'll make my final judgment after Homecoming next year.

Really didn't see the nerd in him unless we're talking about his overexaggerated scientific prowess. I much prefer the normal guy Peter Parker was in Tobey's Spider-Man. And I also much prefer when his webs are an organic part of his abilities rather than an invention he created himself. I know it's the same in the comics but it's just silly to me that a random kid with no financial ressources at all (unlike Tony Stark or Batman) could create this new kind of webbing and web shooter device.

Watched it last night and I was quite disappointed. I mean it's pretty good, but not great or anything. I liked the actions scenes and the humour, but the story was mediocre at best.

crissindahouse said:
Danman27 said:
I saw this a couple days ago, and all I had to do was follow the Marvel rotten tomatoes rule. Subtract 30 from it's score, and you get the quality of the movie.

Well, seems like reviewers and audience are all clueless then and only your taste in movies is the real one^^

I honestly just don't see it. I didn't dislike this movie, but I thought it was ok. I thought it was better written than most marvel movies, but this movie, like everything related to the avengers, is incredibly overated and very underserving of a 90 RT, this movie is a 70 at best. 

Wow, the movie has already made its 250million dollar production budget back... The general rule of thumb is that a movie has to make twice it's production cost in order to break even because theatres take 50% of the ticket revenue. We can safely assume that the promotional budget was well into the 100 million dollar range at the very least so by next week it will safely/easily cruise past recovering the promotional burden and after that it is all profit. This is probably what Warner Bros. were expecting Batman V Superman to make in the first 2 weeks lol.