By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People need to stop hyping the NX, it will lead to disappointment.

I am a ...

Nintendo fan and will buy, no matter what. 148 49.66%

Nintendo fan and won't buy, I'm done. 41 13.76%

Nintendo fan, will only b... 28 9.40%

Outsider, Will buy no matter what. 19 6.38%

Outsider, will only buy i... 49 16.44%

Outsider, will only buy i... 13 4.36%

Total:298

50% of all Nintendo home consoles have been successful.
Noone knows how this is going to go. Of course people are excited.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
John2290 said:
JWeinCom said:
"People should stop talking about the NX because we know nothing about it."
"NX is going to be a failure."

... ok then...

You fail to understand the purpose of the qoutation mark. I never said any of that, you are paraphrasing and twisting my words, and quite frankly I think your comment should be moderated under the rules. Your passive agressive comment is just as bad as some of the more upfront comments I've seen get moderated on here.  

Well someone is awfully sensitive.  

Where's the "outsider, won't buy no matter what" option

I'm fully expecting the NX to be a unicorn birthing, miracle fullfilling, money printer that solves all of my problems for me. What do you mean I'm setting myself up for dissapointment? :P

Also 'delayed reveal'? There is no delayed reveal. They said they were going to talk about it this E3. Last time I checked it isn't june yet.

I agree. It's gone from being around about the same power as the xbox one to being quite more powerful than the ps4 in quite a short time.

There's nothing wrong with rumour or speculation... I've been joining in myself tbh. Just, don't believe anything until the official announcement and temper those expectations. Nintendo simply isn't known for pumping out the strongest hardware.... Generally.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
Where's the "outsider, won't buy no matter what" option

Please, we both know not buying the NX isn't an option. 

People have lost there minds the closer this console gets to release!
Many have gone on record to say that Nintendo needs to actually put some efforts into their hardware, which these latest rumors have the NX being noticeably more powerful than the PS4. Now the defense of why the NX will be an instant failure because nobody wants a powerful Nintendo console is on meltdown alert.

I mean people have to come up with better stuff beyond "just look at the WiiU sales, nobody wants Nintendo!" A smarter argument would be to say the WiiU is the bottom base of where Nintendo's home consoles could be when everything goes wrong and the Wii is what happens when they catch lightening in a bottle. But many of you act is if Nintendo can't have a console that sells somewhere in the middle. If all is said and done and Nintendo sells 40 million NX systems in 5yrs or so, I think they will be okay with that for a home console. Seeing Wii like sells maybe out of the question, but them moving 30-40 million isn't out of reach or some insane number.

People need to relax and let Nintendo at least explain how the system works before they deem that the buying public already doesn't want it... Something that many underestimate is if this console is perceived well by the general public and media. It is the new kid and the new thing on the block for the holiday season and while the other systems will be 3yrs old, people are always looking for the next great thing to buy.

I'm more of a "Nintendo fan that will wait until the games he wants have released" guy, Wii U has more than likely screwed my day 1 purchase up. I say more than likely due to it could be something completely off the wall and amazing but if it's just a better spec Wii U, which all signs are pointing to then I'll be waiting for Xenoblade 3 to release before I take the leap.

Goatseye said:

I think there should be one thread for NX rumors so VGChartz hot topic won't look trash (as it is) and discourage lazy and vitriolic posts.

I suggested this many times.  But I guess that would end the million daily threads on baseless rumours and they wouldn't want that!  

I agree with the title.  All these rumours will just lead to disappointment. 

I find the rumors fascinating and amusing to read. In the end, I'm just waiting for Nintendo to reveal what the NX is going to be and when it's expected to launch in NA. Then, like I did with the Wii and Wii U consoles, I'll buy the NX when the newest Mario Kart game comes along.