By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People need to stop hyping the NX, it will lead to disappointment.

I am a ...

Nintendo fan and will buy, no matter what. 148 49.66%

Nintendo fan and won't buy, I'm done. 41 13.76%

Nintendo fan, will only b... 28 9.40%

Outsider, Will buy no matter what. 19 6.38%

Outsider, will only buy i... 49 16.44%

Outsider, will only buy i... 13 4.36%

Total:298

But that is the fun part. To see them all shrovel up and get angry when they see the real thing.

Around the Network

I've been extremely pessimistic due to the nature of the threads.

I DON'T want to see a rushed console that in it's first year seems more like a reactive move from Nintendo than an opportunity to be the first strike in a new gen.

I DON'T want the first year to be mostly a series of ports from games I already own.

I DON'T want them to try and get ports of games that will be rushed and optimized badly due to third parties being reluctant to spend time on Nintendo ports due to history of sales. Ultimately resulting in no dlc, no special editions, ect.

Last, I DON'T want to see real effort from their first party for half the gen and when they see this console isn't selling to expectations they start to release VERY stripped down first party, or barely any true first party games at all. (Which I think we can all see a pretty solid line drawn in the years for when they were really trying to support Wii U and when they decided they were just going to phone it in for a while.)

A lot of the rumors floating around seem to support these problems though.

It sounds like you are doing the same thing.

We don't even know what it could be/ what could these patents could lead to. But you are quite sure that its going to be disappointing = Like how some people are quite sure its going to be Amazing! (even though they don't know what it is yet)

See the similarities?
Be open minded. Be open for all possibilities. Did you also expect the 3DS to turn into a Vita? (in sales)

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Anything that has the potential to be amazing with get hype its normal and wether that leads to disapointment or fulfillment is yet to be seen but been negative from the start will always lead to disappointment not only for the NX but to everything in life.

With Nintendo's track record, I can assure you I don't hype the NX.

Around the Network

At this point, they can keep the Wii U going until 2018 for all I care or release the NX tomorrow. I want to know what games they are making tho as we know almost nothing for 2nd half 2016.

E3 shall be exciting either way

[] [] [] {} [] 

WoodenPints said:

Anything that has the potential to be amazing with get hype its normal and wether that leads to disapointment or fulfillment is yet to be seen but been negative from the start will always lead to disappointment not only for the NX but to everything in life.

Don't get this at all. If you think it is going to be trash from the start but have an open mind, it could turn out ot be amazing. It's only if people are looking for problems that they find them. 

RolStoppable said:

This is a terrible thread. I am not sure if you are serious. I hope you aren't.

A year ago Nintendo announced that they were working on new dedicated gaming hardware, codenamed NX. Then people started to speculate what exactly it is going to be. It wasn't the other way around, not that that theory of yours made any sense to begin with.

There is also no delay in the unveiling of NX because when Nintendo announced it last year, they said that they won't unveil NX until some time in 2016.

Some basic fact-checking wouldn't hurt you.

People have been speculating about the NX since well before Nintendo revealed the codename. All the announcement did was stop people from calling it Fusion.

Nintendo are sometimes too passionate. They can't help themselves even though we know pretty much nothing about it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Eeeeeeeh, I mean, we heard leaks/announcements from some third party (hint hint SE with DQXI), everybody already has somewhat of an idea of what NX is and when will it come, and, if people are down with buying it solely for Zelda (and DQXI) then I think it's perfectly fine to let them get hyped.
Personally I'm moderatedly hyped for NX because whatever it is I'll be able to play something on it, if it's a Handheld I'll be set and ready for Gen VIII of Pokémon, if it's not I'll be getting all the other Nintendo IPs+the games I missed on Wii U IF it's backwards compatible.